DP in Batch Add DP in Batch Add

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

DP in Batch Add

Started by carter4605, October 15, 2007, 03:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carter4605

Hello,

How do you remove already sorted to gallery pictures from the general uploaded ftp folders? 

Shouldn't the images not appear in the upload folders if they have been moved to an album?

When I try to batch add pics to albums I get a duplicate (DP) error because they have been added there already.  I am having trouble telling the newly added images from what was already sorted to albums.   

I am using coppermine 1.4.9.  I uploaded about 200 pics using ftp.  Many have been batched added to several albums on the site but a lot of the batch added pictures still show up in the unsorted ftp folders.

Cee

Nibbler

Please review existing discussions before you post.

You do not remove files via FTP once you have added them to the gallery. The pictures remain where they are on the disk; you are supposed to make a logical folder structure for yourself via FTP to avoid the issue of duplicate files.

1.4.13 is the latest version, so you are far behind - update your gallery.

carter4605

Nibbler,

As I understood the instructions, I think a logical file structure was created to upload images to the site but maybe I did not do it correctly.  Uploaded images are place in folder that are the same as the Albums names.  The thing that confused me is when I attemt to sort the files in the albums I could not tell what had been already sorted since all files appeared to have the newly added box checked but I think I understand now.  I will check the previous posts carefully before posting again, I just could not find the answer to my question. 

My mistake, I am using version 1.4.10.  I will upgrade to version 4.13 within two weeks.  The upgrade seems like it will take a bit of work.

Thanks.