Uploading swf/html-files Uploading swf/html-files

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Uploading swf/html-files

Started by jger, October 17, 2007, 04:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jger

Hello,

I´d like to include some video tutorials in my gallery. They were created using Camtasia Studio and consist of an html-file, some Javascript and some swf-files. The tutorials include preload animations (hence the multiple swf-files) and a menu (hence the js). Is there a way to display the corresponding html-file in the popup-window that usually shows the image files? I tried to batch-add and upload the html-file though this extension is not supported. My goal is to have an album called tutorials that includes alle video tutorials and a click on the thumbnail opens a popup with the tutorial.

Thank you in advance,

Joerg

Hein Traag

What you could try is this approach.
Make a screenshot of a tutorial. Upload that picture into cpg. Use the option to add BB like code in the image description to add a link to the actual tutorial.

Joachim Müller

Another option would be to allow HTML files. However, this is only possible if you're the only one who is allowed to upload files at all. Allowing other users (except you) to upload HTML files would result your gallery being hijacked/hacked. To manually allow HTML files, check http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24186.0

jger

That plugin is a good idea, thank you. I am the only allowed uploader in my gallery, so this works very well. Thank you.

J-