upload, blank screen, then nothing uploaded upload, blank screen, then nothing uploaded

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

upload, blank screen, then nothing uploaded

Started by Sniipe, November 02, 2007, 12:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sniipe

I've just put up a website for my sisters wedding and added coppermine which was recommended by boards.ie
anyway; I can't upload.  After I upload, the screen goes white and nothing happens.

site: www.galwaywed.com/photos
username: test
password: testing
settings: Enable debug mode is set to yes:everyone
php info is at: http://www.galwaywed.com/phpinfo.php
here are the values: (bold values is what is there - 2 are not even there... don't know if this is the problem)
max_input_time – set to 90 seconds 90
upload_max_filesize – set to 5MB 15M
post_max_size – set to 10MB 15M
memory_limit – Set to 10MB 16M
LimitRequestBody – 512KB not there
file_uploads – Set to 'On' On
upload_tmp_dir – Set up to some directory no value
allow_fopen_url – enabled not there
max_execution_time - ? 60

The albums/edit, albums/userpics are chmod 777 for both

I don't know what to do to get it working...I have a week before the web address goes out on the thank you card... should have done all this b4 the wedding

Nibbler

Please set to single file upload mode (1 file upload box, 0 URI upload boxes) on the groups page.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

Sniipe

oh, can I only upload 1 picture at a time?  Some of these photos are 1.5mb in size

I did manage to upload 1 photo which was 300kb so far.

Then big files...
it tells me:
[i]
1 uploads were successful.

Please click 'Continue' to add the files to albums.[/i]

When I click continue the screen goes blank.

Sniipe

no joy; I tried
"Please set to single file upload mode (1 file upload box, 0 URI upload boxes) on the groups page."

This time I got the blank page before I could click continue (perhaps there is no continue button when uploading 1)... what could the problem be?

Nibbler

Works for me. You are probably uploading files too large for your server to handle.

Sniipe

ok, what do I need to change in order for the server to be able to handle files that are over 1mb?  Do I need an addon to resize pictures or something?  I want this to be as simple as possible for anyone who logs on.

Nibbler

Either talk to your webhost or provide instructions on how to get photos ready for the web.

Sniipe

Ok, I've sent off an email to my hosting company.  I wouldn't like to make it anyway difficult for the users - so getting photos ready for the web wouldn't be an option as most are very tech unsavy...