File Not Registering After URI/URL Upload File Not Registering After URI/URL Upload

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

File Not Registering After URI/URL Upload

Started by lowkey, December 16, 2007, 02:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowkey

This one is confusing me a bit.  I've gone through the trouble shooting guide on the page here but it hasn't fixed this one.  Here's the behavior:

While I haven't determined what the actual cutoff filesize is, if I attempt to upload a file around 32 megs via the URI/URL method, it doesn't register.  If I log in to the server via FTP and look in the edit directory, the file is there and is the appropriate size.  But, after the transfer is done, something screwy is occuring.  If I do it as admin, I get one of those "Failed to find block 'log_ecards'" errors.  From a test account, I got the following error:

"While executing query "SELECT unique_ID FROM cpg_temp_data" on 0

mySQL error: "

If anyone would like to test this and could give me some feedback, I'd greatly appreciate it.  However, keep in mind that it is only the URI/URL upload that I am having issues with, and that a file of about 25 megs was uploaded fine that way which was received from the exact same server.  Here is some stuff to test it out with:

coppermine site: http://forum.septiknexus.com/media
test user: tester
test pw: tester
URL to test URL/URI upload with: http://www.acidgrave.com/zombie/03-ZBP-Darxyde_Live.mp3 (This is about an 80 meg file)

Debug is enabled. 

Thank you.

Joachim Müller

Don't use URI uploads in the first place - it's a silly feature. You (as admin) should use FTP-uploads plus batch-add. URI uploads are subject of various limitations (server-sided and client-sided), so it's obvious that it will crash on such large files.