Red X when uploading or batch loading images Red X when uploading or batch loading images

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Red X when uploading or batch loading images

Started by carter4605, February 09, 2008, 02:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carter4605

Hello,

I would appreciate if you can help me identify why I can not upload new pictures or images to the www.pbc5star.org/album (coppermine gallery, version 1.4.10).  The current pictures have been there for a long time, and the site appears to be working from the visitor point of view.  However, when attempting to "upload" or "batch upload" images or pictures, I get a square with a red X in the center where the images should appear on the batch upload page.  See the attached screen picture.

The Coppermine gallery config for the domain is set to accept uploads whose size is less than 1024 and width or height for uploads is 2048, the Memory_Size was changed from 8M to over 30M, the .htdocs folder permission is 755, and the image quality is 100.  My average .jpg upload is 640x480, 160 - 240K, and the image quality is 10 so it should upload fine.  Per the ISP I have over 1G of space available so it should not be an upload storage space issue.  I have read similar issues in the Coppermine Upload forum Any assistance you can provide is appreciated.

btw: I am using Coppermine version 1.4.16    Thanks
(//)
Carter4605

carter4605

Nibbler,

I changed the group upload as suggested in the troubleshooting links and finally saw the error for my domain:

The file 'albums/userpics/10001/somepic.jpg' can't be inserted in the album. Error executing ImageMagick - Return value 127. 

So, I changed the Image Resizing to GD2 as suggested and it worked. I can't tell you how long this has been a problem.  I am not sure when these settings changed but I will remember this solution.  Thanks again.

Carter4605