Batch add files from another directory not in albums directory Batch add files from another directory not in albums directory

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Batch add files from another directory not in albums directory

Started by simonmason, September 03, 2008, 03:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonmason

I have a simple web server running with coppermine installed in c:\www.  I have all of my pictures already stored on another drive (in the same machine) in f:\photo.  I want to add these pictures into coppermine without physically moving them to the albums directory.  Is this possible?  I have tried symbolic links, etc. but that has not proven to be successful.  Thanks.

Joachim Müller

There are no symlinks in Windows, but you could try using Junctions, which is the NTFS-equivalent. However, we can't support hosting / webserver setup questions - that's beyond the scope of this board. Self-hosting is not recommended anyway.

simonmason

Thanks for the response.  I have decided to make a copy of the pictures to be on the safe side.  I am self-hosting because I am using the application to serve pictures to touchscreens around the house as part of my home automation setup.  It didn't seem necessary to go outside to host pictures for this purpose.