[Solved]: Cannot create new Albums [Solved]: Cannot create new Albums

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

[Solved]: Cannot create new Albums

Started by newdee, March 28, 2008, 12:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newdee

Hi,
Our site was working fine until a few days ago. We had 2 categories, each with a few Albums. Now the categories are still there, but the Albums are gone and I cannot create new ones. I have found similar posts, but none seem to help.
Here is a link to the site:
http://www.stoneagecoatings.com/gallery/
Thanks.

Nibbler

Replace the 'powered by coppermine' footer, update your gallery, and post exactly why you can't create new albums.

newdee

Sorry, I did not create the site, nor was I familiar with the footer policy. I have added the link. Apparently the designer/programmer has disappeared and I have been asked to add a few Albums. I did this successfully two weeks ago, but a few days ago the Albums went missing, although the Categories are still there. I have not been able to determine why they are missing. I thought I could simply create new Albums and move the files into them, but when I try to create a new Album I get the following critical error:

There was an error while processing a database query.

While executing query "INSERT INTO cpg143_albums (category, title, uploads, pos) VALUES ('6', 'test7', 'NO',  '1')" on 0

mySQL error: Unknown column 'uploads' in 'field list'

File: /home/stonscom/public_html/gallery/include/functions.inc.php - Line: 248

Joachim Müller

You haven't done as Nibbler suggested: you failed to upgrade your gallery. You're running cpg1.4.3, while the most recent stable release is cpg1.4.16, so you're running 13 versions behind.

Nibbler

Run this query in phpMyAdmin to replace the lost 'uploads' column.

ALTER TABLE cpg143_albums ADD uploads enum('YES','NO') NOT NULL default 'NO'

You'll then need to set upload permissions in album properties for any albums that you want to allow uploads into.

newdee

Thanks Nibbler. That did it.

Problem solved.