Delete photos Delete photos

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Delete photos

Started by GPRTech, August 22, 2008, 08:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPRTech

Hi, I have some wedding photos I went and deleted and now all I see is the square with a red x , I try and delete this and a message says,

Critical error   

Directory 'albums/uploadpics1/david wedding photos/' is not writable, files can't be deleted 

could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong.

I have even uploaded the photos again to see if it will replace the missing photos but this doesnt work.

Joachim Müller

Docs, section "asking for support on upload issues".

GPRTech

Quote from: Joachim Müller on August 23, 2008, 09:25:24 AM
Docs, section "asking for support on upload issues".

Is this help or I am being told off.

I am sorry if this is the wrong section but help would be a start.

Joachim Müller

That's the help: read that section of the docs that I refered to and do exactly as suggested there. If you do, we'll be able to help. If you don't, we won't be able to help. Simple as that.
That section of the docs describes what information we need from you to be able to help you. We're reluctant to explain this to everyone over and over, hence the short-hand reply.

GPRTech

Hi
Where is the DOC section?

Joachim Müller

The docs come with the coppermine package (suprisingly in a folders named "docs"). A link to the docs can be found at the top of this page as well (again, it is named rather surprisingly " documentation"). When you signed up you agreed to the board rules. One of them says that you must have read the docs even before being allowed to post here.

::) Joachim

GPRTech

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ;)

You should really stop smoking it will effect your health :o

Joachim Müller

Quote from: GPRTech on September 09, 2008, 09:49:35 AM
sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ;)
Must have read that on "Reader's Digest". Pin that remark on your calendar or wherever it fits.
This is not sarcasm, but sheer desperation about people molesting supporters with their laziness and then even trying to be a smart-ass.

Instead of posting silly comments on my avatar you should start reading the docs and do as suggested if you actually want support. If you just came here to flame or post witty remarks on other's addiction, then I suggest you go outside and play with the other kids and let us do what we're here for: support people who actually came here for support.