[Closed]: ImageMagick Not Working in Coppermine, Works on Command Line [Closed]: ImageMagick Not Working in Coppermine, Works on Command Line

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

[Closed]: ImageMagick Not Working in Coppermine, Works on Command Line

Started by lookslike, November 08, 2008, 02:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lookslike

I can't batch add TIFF files although I can batch add JPG files.
No thumbnails are created for TIFF files although thumbnails are created for JPG files.
ImageMagick is working on server (Debian) because I can convert on the command line.
ImageMagick is selected as "Method for resizing images".
Allowed image types is "ALL".
Path to ImageMagick is "/usr/bin/".
Permissions of /usr/bin/convert are 755.

Any suggestions where to look? 

I need ImageMagick (instead of GD2) because I have TIFF files.

Joachim Müller

Quote from: lookslike on November 08, 2008, 02:31:24 PM
Allowed image types is "ALL".
Try setting this to a list of individual files, like this: "jpg/JPG/gif/GIF/png/PNG/tif/TIF".

Quote from: lookslike on November 08, 2008, 02:31:24 PM
I need ImageMagick (instead of GD2) because I have TIFF files.
Then convert them on your client before uploading, using your favorite desktop app. The TIF format is not suitable for usage on web pages imo because of comparatively bad browser support and resources consumption.

If my suggestions don't work for you, do exactly as suggested in the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues". The fact that allow image types is set to "ALL" makes me come to the conclusion that you're using an outdated version.

Not related to initial install, but uploading, so I'm moving your thread. Please post in the proper sub-board next time you start a thread.

lookslike

Quote from: Joachim Müller on November 08, 2008, 02:49:45 PM
Try setting this to a list of individual files, like this: "jpg/JPG/gif/GIF/png/PNG/tif/TIF".

Tried that, but it did not work.

Thanks anyway for your help. I think I will write my own scripts to handle our image file needs, which are really quite simple. Our project is for a local network only -- not the internet. What I really want is a system to move files using samba and then have the scripts automatically catalogue the uploaded files and store file names in mysql. The system would need to allow the user to enter extended file data (including licensing and copyright info) in the database. Besides jpg, png and gif, we need to keep track of a growing mix of other image formats including tif, eps, ps, and bmp files. Coppermine gives us a good model for this effort, and I thank the Coppermine team for that.