Uploading error Uploading error

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Uploading error

Started by tinorebel, November 07, 2008, 03:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinorebel

Hallo to all coppermine users!
I have a gallery with many inmages, i'm using 14.19 with stramm modepack watermarking pictures.

Today I found a problem uploading pictures:
The uploading process works fine, untill I add the picture to the album.
When I try uploading a big picture (2000 x 3000 pix) Then I get:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 41156608) (tried to allocate 2008 bytes) in /home/tinorebe/public_html/website/gal/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 442

If I upload a smaler picture (1000 pixels) everythings works fine.

Could this problem be related by the maximum memory my account is allowed to use on the server?.... I have been using the same configuration and did not find problems since now... possibly the watermarking process takes a lot of memory.... any idea would be apreciated!

Live long and prosper!
www.tripodart.net

Joachim Müller

RTFM - has been asked and answered so often that it hurts having to read threads like yours over and over again. And yes: watermarking is resources-consuming.

tinorebel

I'm really sorry, I did not mean to hurt.... I apologize :-\

the fact is that since last week I never faced this error and I have uploaded many pictures in the same big resolution (2000x3000 pix)

The memory  limit I have on my server for PHP is 64 MB, wich should be fine for a picture of 2000x3000 pix -
(2000x3000x3)/1048576 = 17,16 MB - Ther memory needed to handle the picture.

Suddently I am facing this problem and I wondered if it could be caused by some bad config or else....

Anyway I'll continue investigating and I will post the solution when (and if) I find it .... just to help if someone hase same problem.
Live long and prosper!
www.tripodart.net