Only files with the following extensions are accepted Only files with the following extensions are accepted

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Only files with the following extensions are accepted

Started by jim voz, January 25, 2009, 09:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim voz

I'm getting this error message when trying to batch upload our images from our ftp site "jpg/jpeg/jpe/gif/png/bmp/jpc/jp2/jpx/jb2/swc/iff/"
the file Digby 219.jpg
it clearly is a jpg format and falls within the parameters set so why why am I getting the error when batch add file ironically I can upload file one at a time but not batch them

Aeronautic

Just guessing here but could it be the file name having a space between Digby and 219?

I've noticed odd behavior in the past with file names or album names (on server folders created just to hold specific uploads under user main folder) that had - or _ or . in them - none had spaces of course, but something in that list I just wrote made CPG unhappy.

I think I stick to dashes (-) now in all album names.

Again, this may be unrelated to your issue but you might try to rename those files with blank spaces and give it another try.

To be clear - if there are blank spaces in the file names - remove them or replace them with - _ or . and test again.

HTH

jim voz

Strangest thing, from my office computer I was able to upload the files that I had received an error message on but from another computer the error message returns, how bizarre.

jim voz

I did notice in out FTP site the file had an underscore in front of it, not sure why example _180.jpg but on our desktop it shows up as 180.jpg not sure why our FTP sees it with an underscore

Aeronautic

With respect to the actual image files, I believe CPG does change any "." in a file name to an underscore.

Quoteboeing.747-200.jal

becomes

Quoteboeing_747-200_jal

HTH

Joachim Müller

Yes, as a safety precaution for poorly-configured webservers to make sure that the rar-exploit can not be executed (google for that term for details). Has been explained in previous security-related announcements. Coppermine will replace all dots with underscores in a file name except the last one that actually separates the name from the extension. foo.bar.bla will become foo_bar.bla, foo.bar.bla.whatever.you.can.think.of will become foo_bar_bla_whatever_you_can_think.of