XP Publish problem with Internet Explorer 8 XP Publish problem with Internet Explorer 8

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

XP Publish problem with Internet Explorer 8

Started by dolomites, March 21, 2009, 01:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dolomites

I have just installed the latest version of Internet Explorer 8 and the wizard XP Publish doesn't work anymore; is this a problem of coppermine? When it will be updated?
Thank'you

Joachim Müller

We don't know. None of the developers has IE8 afaik. It has been released only recently, so you can't expect that it will work flawlessly with pages that used to work before. That's the Microsoft way to release browsers: old features get dropped. After all, the XP publishing wizard was a feature that came with Windows XP. Microsoft even changed it for Windows Vista and made designers change things from top to bottom.

Quote from: dolomites on March 21, 2009, 01:37:41 PM
is this a problem of coppermine?
Hm, rather a problem of people going for IE8 at this early stage.

Quote from: dolomites on March 21, 2009, 01:37:41 PMWhen it will be updated?
Not at all if you ask me. I vote for dropping support for that feature, as Microsoft has decided to drop it.

dolomites

An alternative...?
Create a little .NET application to upload files?

Joachim Müller

Sure, you're welcome to do that and come up with a working Windows Executable. There are some alternatives available already, e.g. JUpload or "Coppermine Helper"

dolomites

On my host it is impossibile to install Jupload (the installation fails), and Coppermine Helper works only for administrators, there are other solutions for all my users?
Thank'you!

dolomites

Update: the uploader of Flickr (same system) works; so the problem is Coppermine, not Microsoft.

Joachim Müller