can't access mySQL- recurring problem can't access mySQL- recurring problem

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

can't access mySQL- recurring problem

Started by whitebuffalo, August 26, 2009, 06:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitebuffalo

I have had this occur four times now.  when i go to access my gallery, i get the following error:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

i contacted my hosting company and they said it was due to an htaccess file issue.

i never put an htaccess file in place, so i assume it was created by the install of coppermine.  so, i remove it, but then a few weeks later: same thing.  remove it again and a week later: same thing.

can i delete the htaccess file entirely?  and what could cause this to keep recurring?

any help is appreciated.

Nibbler

Coppermine does not come with an .htaccess file. Make sure you are running the latest version of Coppermine.

whitebuffalo

François Keller

Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

whitebuffalo

updated.  lets hope that does the trick

phill104

It sounds like some script on your hosting is creating a .htaccess file automatically. I used to get this with the now defunct Lycos. The only way round it with them was for me to create a .htaccess file of my own containing very little.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joe Carver

Perhaps this is a bit late, but for what it us worth......

Quote from: whitebuffalo on August 26, 2009, 06:30:45 PM
i never put an htaccess file in place, so i assume it was created by the install of coppermine.  so, i remove it, but then a few weeks later: same thing.  remove it again and a week later: same thing.

Since this does not appear to be a new installation, then......

Quote from: Joachim Müller link=topic=51927.msg298014.html#msg298014
Coppermine itself doesn't come with a .htaccess file, so if neither you nor your webhost have created a particular .htaccess file, it probably is the payload of a hacking attempt, so try to delete it (keep a backup!) and see what happens then.

But without a link and more history, it is difficult to be certain.

@ whitebuffalo - if you see this again, then check the whole thread referenced here:
Yikes, I've been hacked! Now what?

phill104

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.