[Solved]: PHP 5.3/6 [Solved]: PHP 5.3/6

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

[Solved]: PHP 5.3/6

Started by applefruit, August 20, 2009, 07:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

applefruit

I'm currently running php 5.3 (latest_stable) with cpg.  When I turn reporting to full, it shows that a lot of the functions are deprecated.  It however still seems to work.

However, a book I'm currently using suggests writing in php 6 compatible code, to be future-proof.  Just prior to testing the dev version of php 6, I found that cpg will not work anymore.

Should I try cpg1.5 alpha and hope it uses better more future-proof code, or plough ahead with cpg1.4, and pray that it will still work with php5.3?

Nibbler

1.4 works on PHP 5.3 but uses functions that are now deprecated. 1.5 has the deprecated functions removed. There is little point testing anything on PHP6 yet.

applefruit

So basically using 1.4x on 5.3 is fine - when time comes (php6), I'll just wait for an update to 1.5x?

Nibbler

That's fine. Coppermine 1.5 will be released long before PHP6 anyway.

applefruit