Too many folders... searchnew.php crashes Too many folders... searchnew.php crashes

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Too many folders... searchnew.php crashes

Started by FM86, September 24, 2008, 08:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FM86

Hello everybody!

I'm running my Image Gallery (updated to the latest stable version) since long time and I have lots of folder there. They're so many that when I executed the searchnew.php script the server goes on timeout. Did someone else have the same problem? How did you solve it?

I thought that the best solution would be to force searchnew.php to run only on a particular subfolder where I will put the new files.

searchnew.php returns the folders in albums/
I'd like to force it to search only in album/2008

Then I guess I should write in the pictures table that the directory is 2008/newDir/newImage.jpg because probably searchnew returns only the relative path starting from the table in which it's searching.

Do you think it's a good idea? How could I achieve this result?

Thank you for your attention!

Joachim Müller

If you're not running on a Windows-driven webserver I recommend enabling the browsable batch-add interface.

FM86

Hi and thank you for your reply!

I guess the browsable batch-add interface is enabled by default.
Anyway, thank to your suggestion, I found a better solution: I will just create a folder "before-2008" and modify every row in pictures table adding a "before-2008/" at the beginning of each filepath field. Then I will move everything in this folder and it should work.

Thank you again!

FM86

I did my modification and it works. But still the execution of searchnew.php is very slow. I didn't understand how this script works but I guess it searchs also for subfolders because when I click on one of the root folters (the one directly in albums' root) they're opened immediatly.

And another question:
Can I add multiple folders to different albums with one operation (like in the old versions)?
I have a folder portugal with no files inside and 2 subfolders sintra and lisbona. I'd like to add all the files inside portugal but the "ok" button doesn't appear.
Is there a way to modify this behaviour?

Thank you a lot!

FM86

I just added 2 more folders and the script is unexecutable (generates timeout). Probably modifying the timeout settings on the server I should solve the problem. Unfotunately I can't do that. Is there anyone else who had the same problem? How could I modify the script? if I could just insert the absolute path on pictures table instead of a local one I could move all the pictures present in the DB on a folder out of album dir. But then what will happen with all the other scripts?

If someone can help me it's great. I think this can be a serious problem for people who have a big image gallery.

Thank you!

Joachim Müller

FM86

Thank for the suggestion. How do I import it?
I copied it in the plugins directory. And then?

I've looked for a readme file but noone found.

Joachim Müller

Take a look at the announcement thread for that plugin: it doesn't get supported here, but over at cpg-contrib.org. You mustn't ask questions how to use it here.

FM86

liquid-motion

Quote from: FM86 on October 07, 2008, 01:34:41 PM
I just added 2 more folders and the script is unexecutable (generates timeout). Probably modifying the timeout settings on the server I should solve the problem. Unfotunately I can't do that. Is there anyone else who had the same problem? How could I modify the script?

You don't have to modify the script. I had the same problem and my host wouldn't let me change the timeout settings either.

So here's the trick. Instead of calling searchnew.php, you should call searchnew.php?startdir=[name of folder you would like to add].

This way the script is not trying to read the whole directory, but only the folder you would like to add!

Joachim Müller