Importing selected albums into a new Coppermine installation from a backup Importing selected albums into a new Coppermine installation from a backup

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Importing selected albums into a new Coppermine installation from a backup

Started by nikkidev, December 08, 2012, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikkidev

I have a database backup and a backup of selected Album files from a Coppermine installation which is no longer online. Would it be possible to have a new Coppermine installation which only has those Albums for which I have backup files?

phill104

If you have a backup of the db and the albums folder you can restore the gallery to a new location. Is that what you want to do?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

nikkidev

I only want to restore some of the Albums - the ones which I have a backup for.

phill104

It would be quite complex to extract just specific albums from your db and files. Best to re upload them to your new gallery. If the new gallery is empty then I would just restore the old then delete what I do not want. If I already had files in my new gallery then I would restore my old gallery locally using wamp or similar then use the "download a complete album as a zip" plugin and ust batch add to place the files in my new gallery.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.