Plugin for images on different server Plugin for images on different server

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Plugin for images on different server

Started by nickelas, July 24, 2014, 03:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickelas

I am interested in a plugin that allows you to store the images on a different server. In my case it would be enough just to specify another url (on a different domain) for the albums directory. But I am sure others would like to store images on a cdn.
I can chip in say 50 $ for a plugin made public. Maybe someone else can contribute aswell?
Human

nickelas

Thanks, that might work. But the
Quote"Consider this plugin rather as a quick hack, than a well-conceived solution."
does sound a bit worrying..
Human

allvip

phill104

It is safe to use and should do exactly what you want. What Andre really is saying here is that given time a more evolved solution could be made probably with a better back end allowing you to select and configure various CDNs etc.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

ΑndrĂ©

Please consider my quote in its context. It was a reply to
Quote from: Cmaniac on July 22, 2012, 11:14:19 AM
I decided to delete the /albums content from the main server so as to rely solely on the content delivery server. The problem I experienced is that after relying on the content-delivery-only server, coppermine wouldn't load a picture and instead all I could see is the nopic file (trash can) for every single file of the gallery, although the plugin was enabled and the files were accessible at the content delivery server.

The plugin as-is works as expected if you want to deliver the pictures from a different server, which has an exact copy of your albums directory.