Help with picture description text Help with picture description text

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Help with picture description text

Started by rsgj0098, July 18, 2024, 03:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsgj0098

Hi, newbie to running Coppermine here, so please be nice to me..!

I have a new installation running alongside SMF 2.1.4 and for the most part it seems to be working ok. However I've had a grumble from a user that the description text added to a picture upload is automatically centered and is in bold text. I checked and it seems to be the default text font looks bold, so the question is can the font be altered so it looks the same as for example the text in this post..? Also can automatic centering of text be disabled..? It has its uses but not all the time. There seems to be only a limited set of bbcodes, so can this be changed..?

Sorry about all this, I'm used to being a mod on a forum/gallery, but full admin access is new to me and the documentation is rather extensive..!

406man

Welcome to the forum. It ought to be possible to change the text appearance. The best first step for readers here who aren't familiar with your gallery is to either post a screenshot or, if the gallery page is visible to users who aren't logged in, post a link to the page.

rsgj0098

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've actually got it sorted now, I did what I should have done first and ask a friend who is a professional programmer and also runs his own site..! I don't know what he did or how he did it, but it's all working now..! I'll mark this topic solved.

Ria