consistant mySQL connection failure after upload consistant mySQL connection failure after upload

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

consistant mySQL connection failure after upload

Started by shadeschild, August 10, 2004, 04:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadeschild

Hello, I just installed coppermine and I've yet to succesfully put a file into an album. I beleive the upload itself works fine, because the pictures exist in the /albums/userpics folder. However, I always get a critical error message similar to the one provided below. I've tried multiple different accounts (both admin and registered), multiple albums in multiple categories, a few different pictures (with sizes as small as 10 kb), and both URL and file uploads.

Error Message
"While executing query "INSERT INTO cpg131_pictures (pid, aid, filepath, filename, filesize, total_filesize, pwidth, pheight, ctime, owner_id, owner_name, title, caption, keywords, approved, user1, user2, user3, user4, pic_raw_ip, pic_hdr_ip) VALUES ('', '5', 'userpics/10002/', 'Verth~0.jpg', '9786', '12340', '232', '336', '1092103851', '2', 'ben','bignose', 'Mike\'s party circa 2002ish. I look like hell.', '', 'YES', '', '', '', '', '***.***.***.***', '***.***.***.***')" on 0

mySQL error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query"
File: /home/countz/www/gallery/include/functions.inc.php - Line: 105

Server stuff
PHP Version 4.1.2
mysql  Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.58
mysqladmin  Ver 8.23 Distrib 3.23.58

1. max_input_time- couldn'tfind this information. Is it in phpinfo?
2. upload_max_filesize - 1024M
3. post_max_size - 8MB
4. memory_limit - 8MB
5. PHP's LimitRequestBody- Again couldn't find (/etc/http/conf.d did not exist)
6. file_uploads - 1
7. upload_tmp_dir - no value (I checked open_basedir and it was also "no value". If I understood the post concerning this correctly, this should be okay?)
8. allow_fopen_url - 1

[EDIT: forgot url and acount]
http://student.andover.edu/~countz/gallery/
l:test p:test

Joachim Müller

Quote from: shadeschild on August 10, 2004, 04:56:38 AMmySQL error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query"
I have never come across this error message. Could you ask the admin of your server for support? Maybe there's something fishy with your mySQL setup.
The mySQL manual says this can happen when a packet is too large, so I guess this comes from some restriction set up on your server.

GauGau

shadeschild

Hi,

thanks for all your help. However, I do not believe the packet is too large. I checked max_allowed_packet and its the default (16MB, which should be large enough, regardless). However, I did notice the the uptime started at about the last time I tried to post an image. So I tested it, and yes the sql server itself was crashing. I also tried adding it at the command prompt, and it still crashed. Would it be possible for someone to post a successful query for me to try? Also, could someone tell me which file has the table creation query? I'd like to try to remake the table and see if that fixes anything. Again, thanks for your help.

Joachim Müller

sql/schema.sql creates the tables, sql/basic.sql fills in the values. Mind the table prefixes!

GauGau

shadeschild

Eh, I tried dropping and recreating the table but it didn't work. Thanks for the info anyway, do you think I should try the mySQL boards? Or will they just blame you all?

Joachim Müller

I recommend your webhost / server admin as the first place to look for support.

GauGau