[Solved]: Cannot upload large files... [Solved]: Cannot upload large files...

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

[Solved]: Cannot upload large files...

Started by natrlhy, July 23, 2004, 04:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natrlhy

Hi,

I'm wondering if I am seeing this error message when I try to use the Upload file feature as an admin user in CPG 1.3.1.

I can FTP large files just fine, but today I wanted to try it using the Upload File feature but keep getting the 0 files uploaded error.

Which directive in the php.ini file does CPG use:

post_max_size           =       55M             ; Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept.

OR

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; File Uploads ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
file_uploads    = On                            ; Whether to allow HTTP file uploads
;upload_tmp_dir =                       ; temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not specified)
upload_max_filesize = 2M                    ; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files

Whould the latter be why I can't upload larger files?

Thanks! (BTW, i'm on a shared server, so it's not like I can just change those parameters and see if that's it... :P )

Joachim Müller

all directives apply, so whatever is the smallest one will by your limit. In  your case, it's probably upload_max_filesize = 2M. Please read the sticky threads (the ones with a pin icon next to it) on this sub-board. Just upload files in a web-safe size (resize the on your client first) and you should be safe. The filesize you can upload with ftp is irrelevant, as ftp is something else than php. With ftp, there's only one limit: the total webspace you have left.

GauGau

natrlhy

Thanks for your reply... I'll begin resizing the ones that are too large :)  Also trying to work with my hosting company to change it to something like 3MB :)