[Solved]: Uploading video problem [Solved]: Uploading video problem

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

[Solved]: Uploading video problem

Started by tahoebuff, August 17, 2004, 06:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tahoebuff

I'm currently using your CPG 1.3. I have uploaded pics...as well as midis, with no problem. My albums file is set to 777. I tried to upload an mpeg file and got this error:

Error Report
The following uploads encountered errors:  
File Uploads:  
File Name/URL Error Message
1. firstdate.mp2 Forbidden file extension.

I'm not sure if the extension is the problem. I have my admin config set at ALL for everything. I have contacted my host server, who assures me that there is no extension restriction. Any ideas?

Joachim Müller

mp2 is not an extension coppermine can handle. If you have set allowed filetypes to all, this means you can add asf, asx, mpg, mpeg, wmv, swf, avi, mov. To add other extensions, you will have to manually edit your database (using a tool like phpMyAdmin), browse the coppermine table "filetypes" and add an entry there, like this (change the prefix!):INSERT INTO CPG_filetypes VALUES ('mp2', 'video/mpeg', 'movie');, although I haven't tested and I'm not sure this will work.

GauGau

tahoebuff

Your solution worked as far as uploading...thanks. My problem now is, it's trying to open with Realplayer, then says that there's no updates available to handle this type of file (audio/mpeg). The original file, when played on my computer, opens in Media Player and works fine. Is there a fix for this? Shouldn't it default to a media player like my gallery midis do? Sorry for the trouble...

Mike

tahoebuff

Here's a link to the page and maybe you can see something I don't: Page in question

Joachim Müller

I'm not sure, try changing the db entry to "video/x-ms-mp2". After all, mp2 is a silly extension, why don't you just convert the file to something more common - after all it's not important you can watch it, but the visitors of your site...

GauGau

tahoebuff

You are correct. I'm not sure what happened. The extension on my computer indicates mpeg..but...when I upload it through CPG, it displays mp2. The modification didn't work. baffling...

Joachim Müller

try just to rename the file extension, usually Windoze movie player can cope.

GauGau

tahoebuff

Allright...I succumbed...changed to an mpg and it works fine. Thanks for taking the time....

Mike