Problem: Not every Thumbnail will be shown Problem: Not every Thumbnail will be shown

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Problem: Not every Thumbnail will be shown

Started by esepa, August 29, 2004, 11:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esepa

Hello Community,

i set up the Coppermine Gallery on a new Root-Server.
I created the albums and added the pictures. Now i have a cracy Problem:
Not every Thumnail will be shown.

It doesen't matter where you are - the Problem will happen on the main page,
on some child gallerys - it will happen everywhere!. And now my Problem: The error will not occur every time.
If i refresh the Page - every thumbnail will be shown. If i delete my Temporary Internet
Files and refresh the page again - the error will happen.

I got eMails from other visitors - which have the same problem.
You can visit my gallery here: http://gallery.esepa.net

Do you know the Problem? Do you have the same problem, if you visit my gallery?

I would be very happy, if you can help me!

Thank You,

Markus
Webmaster ESEPA
www.esepa.gr

kegobeer

I can't duplicate the problem on your site.  I use Firefox, and every album I visited displayed all the thumbnails.  I've heard of this strange problem before, but it always affects IE and Windows and no one else.  I don't know of any solution unfortunately.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

Using IE6 I wasn't able to replicate as well, I browsed several pages of your site, but all thumbnails display fine. Not sure what to recommend. Please make a right-click, properties on a broken thumbnail if the issue happens again and check the url of the thumbnail. Copy and paste it into your browser's address bar to check the existence. Please report back.

Joachim

esepa

Thanks for your help.
On my PC the Problem is gone too. I don't know, what was the problem  ???
The url of the thumbnail was everytime working. If i refresh the page or copy the url of the thumbnail it will show in the correct way.

Now the problem is gone. But if i'am uploading many new pictures, the problem is back again.
When will the Server create the thumbnails? Will it create the Thumbnails while the "Batch  Add" funktion is running, or will it create the thumbs when the first one will access my gallery?

Maybe it is a timeout problem of the Client or the Server?
I don't know. The most important thing is, that the problem is gone away  ;)

Many thanks for your report & your help,

Markus

Joachim Müller

the thumbnails are being created during the batch-add process (when the blue "OK" icons show up), not on first access. After uploading, use your ftp software and check if coppermine has properly created the thumbnails in the same directory you originally uploaded your pics to by ftp.
I'm still convinced this is a browser issue - please try using another browser, and make sure you don't have any third party applications running (e.g. personal firewall apps, or ad blockers) that keep the thumbnails from being displayed.

Joachim