Question about uploading to member albums. Question about uploading to member albums.

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Question about uploading to member albums.

Started by fuse3k, February 18, 2005, 07:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuse3k

Hi there,

My question is regarding personal member albums. I see there is already a default category setup for member albums, but how are images uploaded to it? When I click on 'Upload File' and upload the file it does not give me an option to save it into any personal or member gallery...just the albums I've created as an admin. I assume a member album needs to be created in the 'User galleries' category but how can non-admins create their own album? Thanks for your help in advance.

-Fuse3k  :\'(

Aditya Mooley

but how can non-admins create their own album?

Login as non-admin. Click on "Create/order Albums" link and create a new album. This album will be created in that user's personal gallery.

When I click on 'Upload File' and upload the file it does not give me an option to save it into any personal or member gallery...just the albums I've created as an admin.

Admin cannot upload to other user's personal galleries/albums.
--- "Its Nice 2 BE Important but its more Important 2 Be NICE" ---
Follow Coppermine on Twitter

GL

why can't the administrator of the site be able to administer the galleries of the users?

this does not make sense.  (also: not only subtract from their gallery, but also add to their gallery if they cannot figure out the steps and send me an e-mail with pictures.  does not make sense to log off, log on when your talking mass amounts of traffic... yes some people are still in the dark ages for picture submission.)

i need to be able to do something similar.  i need to be able to move their galleries from a singular member directory and place them into multiple other directories chosen by city/states they live in.

having major problems with this