Embed Username Automatically in Picture Name Embed Username Automatically in Picture Name

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Embed Username Automatically in Picture Name

Started by super_kev, March 29, 2005, 10:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

super_kev

Is there a hack to modify such that when user upload their pictures, their name will be embed to the name field automatically?  Using the paypal hack is great (so users can purchase pictures) but I don't add a title/name to each picture (don't have time w/200+ pictures per batch) so assigning a name to the picture (name would be user's account, i.e. "title: joebob" but picture file name would be the same.  That way I know what user the pictures belong to, instead of having to hunt down filenames when someone orders pictures.  It'd be nice to be able to do this when batch uploading. 

So basically when someone orders a picture, it will say in my PayPal account:

Photo Name, ''joebob", Filename, '0Roll41-R1-067-32-01.jpg', 4x6 (2) @20

instead of the current way:

Photo Name, '', Filename, '0Roll41-R1-067-32-01.jpg', 4x6 (2) @20     <--- with this way I have no idea what user the photo belongs to, so it's very hard to figure out what picture it is (some pictures may be named the same roll by the photo lab). 

Thanks,
Kevin

Nibbler

I don't understand, how is a name associated with the pics if you batch upload ? Maybe it would be easier to modify the paypal mod to use the uploader name instead of the image description.

super_kev

A name isn't associated with the pictures right now when batch uploading.  I'd like to be able to add a picture title (name) to each image as it's uploading, or when it's done (as a batch).

I'd like to have the user's name (or user album name) to appear as the title for the photos.  I upload the pictures from my admin account, so it wouldn't work if I added the pictures and it grabbed the uploading user's name (my admin name), and then all the pictures would have my name and I wouldn't be able to figure out which client they belonged to.  I need Coppermine to look at the user album and then take that album name and put it in each picture title.  It doesn't need to number the picture titles ("user album"1, "user album"2, "user album"3, etc.), it just needs to have the user album in the picture title.  I don't name each picture with the user album right now because it'd take forever with hundreds of pictures.

With the current way posted above (2nd example... Photo Name, '', Filename, '0Roll41-R1-067-32-01.jpg', 4x6 (2) @20), there is no photo title, so if the user album is joebob, then I'll be able to identify each picture when the PayPal mod is used and someone orders prints (as in 1st example... Photo Name, ''joebob", Filename, '0Roll41-R1-067-32-01.jpg', 4x6 (2) @20).

I'm trying to make it as clear as I can.  Basically I need a way of adding a photo name to an album full of photos.  

majorfotog

I am with you my friend,

I too would like to have that hack in the coppermine program when we use PayPal.  As a wedding photographer I have hundreds of images that I need to upload each week.  When I get back from my wedding I use Photoshop to optimize the images at 72 dpi for the web then FTP all of the images to my gallery.  Then I have to set the title and the discretion for each image so the PayPal link will show up.  I would love to just upload the images and the PayPal would be added automatically. 

Thanks,

Majorfotog