can upload only in single file upload mode....i need better option for my users can upload only in single file upload mode....i need better option for my users

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

can upload only in single file upload mode....i need better option for my users

Started by Fking, December 13, 2004, 12:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fking

i was getting the "0 uploads successfull" error, did a search on the forum and found that i have to switch to single file mode upload, ok i did it and it works ok now.....

but i need to provide my users the options to upload many files at once.....how to make it to work with the multiple file upload form, or even better, the .zip upload mode?

kegobeer

Have you tried the other upload options (multiple file uploads only, etc) with different numbers of each?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

...and you have started a different thread about zip uploads, do not double-post.

Joachim

Fking

multiple file uploads and file-URI does not work, i get the same error
only URI isn't acceptable for my users

so i need to make work the multiple file uploads

kegobeer

Enable debug and notices, enable multiple uploads, and post a test user/password with normal privileges.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

bwarner

Well, I found the answer to the problem, 10 minutes after posting.

Those of you having problems with this, need to place php.ini in your main htdocs directory, or whatever your main directory is called.

You can pick up a clean copy of php.ini here:
http://support.powweb.com/index.php?category=PHP/MySQL&topic_id=57

Simply click "Click here" ... Copy and paste it into notepad and then save as php.ini

Now, you will need to go in and edit 3 lines ...

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; File Uploads ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Whether to allow HTTP file uploads.
file_uploads = On

; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not
; specified).
upload_tmp_dir = /www/u/username

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 2M

What we did here was take away the comment markers on the lines.  You also need to change upload_tmp_dir = /www/u/username.  To whatever your server is ... You will need to know this.  Once you have completed this, save this file to your main directory.

Now since the .php file will be accessible to everyone, you should also edit you .htaccess file.
Include the line:
<Files php.ini>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

This should work, the reason the servers shut down upload access was because of the worm.  They were using a php exploit.

Joachim Müller

To clarify: above mentioned solution of course only is valid for users who are hosted with the same webhost you (bwarner) are with...

Joachim