User upload to public folder User upload to public folder

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

User upload to public folder

Started by trenskow, September 07, 2004, 01:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trenskow

Hi there all
I have read the manual, and tried to set up a user, so that he with the winxp publishing wizard can upload pictures to a public album. But when i log the user in, i get the error, that he doesnt have permissions to upload to any album.
I have setup one album, so that "visitors can upload files" according to the manual.

Any hints  ???

trenskow

Quote from: trenskow on September 07, 2004, 01:49:43 AM
Hi there all
I have read the manual, and tried to set up a user, so that he with the winxp publishing wizard can upload pictures to a public album. But when i log the user in, i get the error, that he doesnt have permissions to upload to any album.
I have setup one album, so that "visitors can upload files" according to the manual.

Any hints  ???
just to be sure, i can tell, that group have upload priviliges  ;D

Joachim Müller

You appear not to have fully read the docs: you either have to specify the user is allowed to have his own albums (user gallery), or change permissions in albums within public galleries. To change permissions, click on "properties" next to the album thumbnail and set " Visitors can upload files" to "Yes". This will alow all users you have specified in groups settings to actually upload to this particular album.
This has been asked quite often, and it is in the docs. Please search before posting next time.

Joachim

trenskow

ok, done what you said. Under group, i have made a group called family, and its setting is like this

Group nameDisk quotaCan upload filespublic upload approvalprivate galleryprivate upload approval
Family0YesYesNoNo

I wont have the users to have private albums. The pictures they upload should go to public folders.

Under a public album, i have enabled visitors to upload pictures.
And i have added the user to the group.

But when i open win xp's publishing wizard, to publish pictures on the web, there are no public folders when loggin in with this user.
I have searched the forums, and havent found something new

this is again with danish language, i dont know if it works in english language

Joachim Müller

I'm not sure about Windows XP's publishing wizard, as I don't have WinXP. Please try using http uploads first. It'd be best if you posted a link and test user account (non-admin) with upload permissions.

Joachim

trenskow

i have created a user test:test at www.trenskow.dk/cpg

it is possible to upload  to a new album, or a album with permissions when http upload is used.
But when i open the XP publishing wixard, and log with the same user, i can only create a new album, but not upload to any of the directores where i have give guest priviliges to upload.

TyL

Yes i've the same problem. Someone have a solution ?

Joachim Müller

you have read the suggestion I posted before: if you want help, post a link and non-admin test user account.