Image view count constantly zero Image view count constantly zero

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Image view count constantly zero

Started by kubizo, September 08, 2011, 03:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kubizo

Hi All!

In my gallery http://www.kubizo.com/galleries/ the image view count is constantly zero. I looked for solutions in the documentation, in the config panel and in this forum (for example here), but I could not find anything. Here is my situation:
1) I enabled the view count of both images and albums, without counting the views from the admins
2) I created a non-admin user, with the privileges to view full size picture (all registered users and guests can in my gallery) and I opened few images
3) I refreshed the page
4) Still the views are zero for all images

I'm running CPG 1.5.12 with Chaotic Soul template.

Any help would be hugely appreciated

kubizo

I forgot to mention: I'm using the option to go directly from thumbnails to full-size pop-ups.

Thanks a lot!

ΑndrĂ©

Quote from: kubizo on September 08, 2011, 03:23:38 PM
I'm running CPG 1.5.12
You should upgrade to cpg1.5.16.

From the docs
Quote from: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_thumbnail_to_fullsizeWhen enabled, this option sends the visitor directly from the thumbnail to the full-sized image pop-up, skipping the display of intermediate images.
It is not recommended to enable this option, because
   - visitors will not be able to rate
   - visitors will not be able to comment
   - visitors will not see additional picture information
   - visitors will not be able to see the slideshow
   - visitor might be annoyed because of the over-use of pop-ups
   - visitors might not see the full-sized pic at all if they have a pop-up blocker in place and forget to disable it for your site
   - the views counter will not increase

This option has been added because a lot of coppermine users have asked for it. However, the dev team does not recommend using it.

kubizo

I'm a real beginner... Thanks so much for your patience! And for your great help!