Move album to a new gallery. Move album to a new gallery.

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Move album to a new gallery.

Started by Strawberry85, May 24, 2013, 08:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strawberry85

So I've been trying to do this for a few days already but I just couldn't figure it out. My knowlegde about MYSQL is (below) average.
I've been using phpMyAdmin that's been supported by my host.
I've created a new coppermine gallery with a new database. But now I'm stuck with moving this particular album to this new gallery.

As I have followed the tutorial/help document by coppermine. I'll have to export that particular album and then import it into the new gallery using phpMyAdmin?
Table - Albums (find that particular album).

But how will it appear on the new gallery? I don't see anything. Is there an option in the admin panel?

pols1337

Are you trying to move an existing Coppermine gallery to a new host? 

They have extensive documentation here:
http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/export.htm#moving_server

Are you try to set up a new Coppermine gallery?  Once you're logged in as an administrator, create your new Categories and Albums by going to "Files > Categories" or "Files > Albums" respectively.

You may need to clarify what you mean by "But now I'm stuck with moving this particular album to this new gallery."

Strawberry85

I've followed that document before. But it doesn't work.

I've created a new gallery on the same server. And I only want to move a few albums from my old gallery to this new gallery. I've used MyPHP, export, import. But when I go to my new gallery, I see nothing. It's just a plain layout with no albums/categories. Do I have to create the categories/albums beforehand, and then moving in the database? Again, I'm not moving my whole gallery, only a few albums/categories to my new gallery.

ΑndrĂ©

Quote from: Strawberry85 on May 24, 2013, 10:13:13 PM
I've followed that document before. But it doesn't work.
What exactly doesn't work.

I think you have 2 options if you want to create a fork of your main gallery:

• Create a copy of all files and the MySQL database on your server. Update (at least) the database name in include/config.inc.php. As Coppermine admin, delete everything you don't need.
  • Install a new gallery on your server. Import just the files and database content you need.

Option 1 is easier if you're not absolutely sure what to do IMHO.