Restart category Restart category

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Restart category

Started by Wladimir, August 29, 2006, 09:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wladimir

How can I restart cat number, because when I delete cat and make another one, it countinue counting, doens't restart!

Please help!

Thanks!

Nibbler

Wladimir

OMG, do I need to upload coppermin again?

Sami

you can truncate the xxx_categories table
but after that you should run this query:

INSERT INTO XXX_categories (cid, name, description) VALUES (1, 'User galleries', 'This category contains albums that belong to Coppermine users.');

also you need to change the XXX under code to your prefix
in this way you will lose all of your categories , so first take a backup of your xxx_categories
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

It's just a number, nobody of your users cares what category number a category has. They don't care for the URL. Just leave things as they are. I can see absolutely no reason for a fresh install just for the sake of keeping category numbers neat.

Wladimir

Quote from: GauGau on August 29, 2006, 11:40:52 PM
It's just a number, nobody of your users cares what category number a category has. They don't care for the URL. Just leave things as they are. I can see absolutely no reason for a fresh install just for the sake of keeping category numbers neat.
ok, thanks anyway!