(long post) picture uploaded, right in edit folder, but ... (long post) picture uploaded, right in edit folder, but ...

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

(long post) picture uploaded, right in edit folder, but ...

Started by Hab, July 30, 2004, 03:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hab

Hy !

I have a strange problem on my CPG.

My site was using the 1.1 version, then upgraded to 1.2 version, and finally moved to a new site and upgraded to 1.3.1.

I never used the user upload feature before.

I created a new test user, log as this user, create a new album, and try to upload a picture.
The upload is claimed to be successfull, when I watch the files directly on the server, I can see my pictures in the edit folder (I verified it, it's the good one), but then the process is blocked, if I click on the "continue" button I have a zero length response and the file remains in the edit folder.

Of course I tried "chmod 755 -R albums" and "chmod 777 -R albums", but with no luck ...

What should I look for ? Help !!

I made a sample user: test, password:test there: http://tites-photos.ici-bas.org could you help me please ?

Thank you :o)

Joachim Müller

The upload fails because of server-sided issues. Switch to single file upload for the group the test user is in (in groups settings) and enable debug_mode for everyone.
After clicking "continue" on the second upload page
QuoteSuccessful Uploads
1 uploads were successful.

Please click 'Continue' to add the files to albums.
the next page properties are "http://tites-photos.ici-bas.org/upload.php#http://tites-photos.ici-bas.org/upload.php", which is definitely wrong and results in a timeout or 404 error. Post your "target address for ecards" from the config page as well.

GauGau

Hab

Quote from: GauGau on July 30, 2004, 04:24:15 PM
The upload fails because of server-sided issues. Switch to single file upload for the group the test user is in (in groups settings) and enable debug_mode for everyone.
After clicking "continue" on the second upload page
QuoteSuccessful Uploads
1 uploads were successful.

Please click 'Continue' to add the files to albums.
the next page properties are "http://tites-photos.ici-bas.org/upload.php#http://tites-photos.ici-bas.org/upload.php", which is definitely wrong and results in a timeout or 404 error. Post your "target address for ecards" from the config page as well.

GauGau

Thank you for your fast response :)

Ok. Here are the debug information produced when I try to upload the file, having configured his group to use one file upload ...But this time, the file is not even apparent in the edit folder (???), and the click on submit button in the file selection form doesn't even go to the "upload successfull" page. I feel more and more confused.  ???
As soon as I configure the group to Multiple file upload, the upload go to successfull, (but blocked in the edit folder) the debug information are reported as a second block there
The target address for the ecard is http://tites-photos.ici-bas.org .
I just watch the apache file, and each time I try to upload a file, the following line is added in the apache log error file:
[Fri Jul 30 23:13:50 2004] [notice] child pid 5033 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
I think like you that there's something wrong in my apache or php config, but I do not have a clue ...

In single file mode:

USER:
------------------
Array
(
    [ID] => ed1c4497d47dd192e8bf4256b8039eb6
    [am] => 1
    [liv] => Array
        (
            [0] => 783
            [1] => 775
            [2] => 402
            [3] => 791
            [4] => 790
        )

[uid] => 9
)

==========================
USER DATA:
------------------
Array
(
    [user_id] => 14
    [user_group] => 2
    [user_active] => YES
    [user_name] => test
    [user_password] => ********
    [user_lastvisit] => 2004-07-30 22:32:23
    [user_regdate] => 2004-07-29 23:25:31
    [user_group_list] =>
    [user_email] =>
    [user_website] =>
    [user_location] =>
    [user_interests] =>
    [user_occupation] =>
    [user_actkey] =>
    [user_favpics] =>
    [disk_max] => 50000
    [disk_min] => 50000
    [can_rate_pictures] => 1
    [can_send_ecards] => 1
    [ufc_max] => 0
    [ufc_min] => 0
    [custom_user_upload] => 0
    [num_file_upload] => 10
    [num_URI_upload] => 10
    [can_post_comments] => 1
    [can_upload_pictures] => 1
    [can_create_albums] => 1
    [has_admin_access] => 0
    [pub_upl_need_approval] => 1
    [priv_upl_need_approval] => 1
    [group_name] => Registered
    [upload_form_config] => 0
    [group_quota] => 50000
    [can_see_all_albums] => 0
    [group_id] => 2
    [groups] => Array
        (
            [1] => 2
        )

)

Queries:
------------------
Array
(
    [0] => SELECT extension, mime, content FROM cpg11d_filetypes;
    [1] => SELECT * FROM cpg11d_users WHERE user_id='14'AND user_active = 'YES' AND user_password != '' AND BINARY MD5(user_password) = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6'
    [2] => SELECT MAX(group_quota) as disk_max, MIN(group_quota) as disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) as can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) as can_send_ecards, MAX(upload_form_config) as ufc_max, MIN(upload_form_config) as ufc_min, MAX(custom_user_upload) as custom_user_upload, MAX(num_file_upload) as num_file_upload, MAX(num_URI_upload) as num_URI_upload, MAX(can_post_comments) as can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) as can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) as can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) as has_admin_access, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) as pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) as  priv_upl_need_approval FROM cpg11d_usergroups WHERE group_id in (2)
    [3] => SELECT group_name FROM  cpg11d_usergroups WHERE group_id= 2
    [4] => DELETE FROM cpg11d_banned WHERE expiry < 1091219550
    [5] => SELECT * FROM cpg11d_banned WHERE ip_addr='172.16.0.1' OR ip_addr='172.16.0.1' OR user_id=14
    [6] => SELECT aid FROM cpg11d_albums WHERE visibility != '0' AND visibility !='10014' AND visibility NOT IN (2)
)

GET :
------------------
Array
(
)

Array
(
)

Page generated in 0.255 seconds - 7 queries in 0.004 seconds - Album set : AND aid NOT IN (1)

In multi file mode:

USER:
------------------
Array
(
    [ID] => ed1c4497d47dd192e8bf4256b8039eb6
    [am] => 1
    [liv] => Array
        (
            [0] => 783
            [1] => 775
            [2] => 402
            [3] => 791
            [4] => 790
        )

[uid] => 9
)

USER DATA:
------------------
Array
(
    [user_id] => 14
    [user_group] => 2
    [user_active] => YES
    [user_name] => test
    [user_password] => ********
    [user_lastvisit] => 2004-07-30 23:01:38
    [user_regdate] => 2004-07-29 23:25:31
    [user_group_list] =>
    [user_email] =>
    [user_website] =>
    [user_location] =>
    [user_interests] =>
    [user_occupation] =>
    [user_actkey] =>
    [user_favpics] =>
    [disk_max] => 50000
    [disk_min] => 50000
    [can_rate_pictures] => 1
    [can_send_ecards] => 1
    [ufc_max] => 3
    [ufc_min] => 3
    [custom_user_upload] => 0
    [num_file_upload] => 10
    [num_URI_upload] => 10
    [can_post_comments] => 1
    [can_upload_pictures] => 1
    [can_create_albums] => 1
    [has_admin_access] => 0
    [pub_upl_need_approval] => 1
    [priv_upl_need_approval] => 1
    [group_name] => Registered
    [upload_form_config] => 3
    [group_quota] => 50000
    [can_see_all_albums] => 0
    [group_id] => 2
    [groups] => Array
        (
            [1] => 2
        )

)

Queries:
------------------
Array
(
    [0] => SELECT extension, mime, content FROM cpg11d_filetypes;
    [1] => SELECT * FROM cpg11d_users WHERE user_id='14'AND user_active = 'YES' AND user_password != '' AND BINARY MD5(user_password) = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6'
    [2] => SELECT MAX(group_quota) as disk_max, MIN(group_quota) as disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) as can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) as can_send_ecards, MAX(upload_form_config) as ufc_max, MIN(upload_form_config) as ufc_min, MAX(custom_user_upload) as custom_user_upload, MAX(num_file_upload) as num_file_upload, MAX(num_URI_upload) as num_URI_upload, MAX(can_post_comments) as can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) as can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) as can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) as has_admin_access, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) as pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) as  priv_upl_need_approval FROM cpg11d_usergroups WHERE group_id in (2)
    [3] => SELECT group_name FROM  cpg11d_usergroups WHERE group_id= 2
    [4] => DELETE FROM cpg11d_banned WHERE expiry < 1091221318
    [5] => SELECT * FROM cpg11d_banned WHERE ip_addr='172.16.0.1' OR ip_addr='172.16.0.1' OR user_id=14
    [6] => SELECT aid FROM cpg11d_albums WHERE visibility != '0' AND visibility !='10014' AND visibility NOT IN (2)
)

GET :
------------------
Array
(
)

Array
(
    [URI_array] => Array
        (
            [0] =>
            [1] =>
            [2] =>
            [3] =>
            [4] =>
            [5] =>
            [6] =>
            [7] =>
            [8] =>
            [9] =>
        )

[control] => phase_1
)

Page generated in 0.259 seconds - 7 queries in 0.004 seconds - Album set : AND aid NOT IN (1)

Hab

Joachim Müller

you're advised not to show your phpinfo to everyone, might be a security risk...

GauGau

Hab

Quoteyou're advised not to show your phpinfo to everyone, might be a security risk...

Yes, you're right it was a temporary risk, but now it's locked again

And now it look to work:

I have migrated to Imagemagick, I have not found why gd2 is not working but now I know that he's guilty.

I had another symptom, I was not able to see the thumbnail of the new pictures when I was using the FTP.

At least, it could be usefull to remember:
gd2 problems => No thumbnails on new files uploaded by FTP, file successfully uploaded by users, but with no way to go to the album choice to place them.

Thank you to give so much of your time to help users !! Coppermine Team rocks :o))