Another - "The File could not be placed" thread! Another - "The File could not be placed" thread!

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Another - "The File could not be placed" thread!

Started by keltec, October 05, 2004, 12:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keltec

Hi All,

I seem to be having a similar problem with the error 'The file could not be placed' when using CPG 1.3.2.

I'm running IIS 6.0 on Win2k3 Server with PHP v5.0.1.
The Include directory and Albums directory has write / read access set in IIS.
The IIS_WPG account has inherited Modify / Read / Write / Execute permissions and IUSR account has specific Read / Write / Execute permissions for the Albums directory.  I replaced permissions on all child directories and objects to reflect the exisiting install structure.

My issue seems to be related when the multiple file upload dialog exists when uploading files.  If I turn on Debugging for all or even just administrator, I don't get any debug output and I receive the above error.

If I set the user account to single file upload only, the images are publlished.  This suggests to me that the permissions are ok on the relevant directory structure.

One thing I have noticed however, is when doing the multiple file uploads I checked the Edit directory and noticed my files had been uploaded and the relevant thumbs and intermediate files had been created.

For now as a workaround, I've set all account types to upload single file mode only and this seems to be effective, but having the multiple file option would be preferred. 

Can anyone help shed some light on this problem for me?

Many Thanks - Jase.

dccsonline

I am having the same problem and also have had to set my uploads to single. But I need the multiple file upload ability.

My setup is as follows:

CPG 1.3.2
ImageMagick 6.1.7
mysql-4.0.23
mysql-administrator-1.0.18
php-4.1.1
ZendOptimizer-2[1].5.7

Running on:

Win2kAdvanced Server sp4
IIS 5.0

I log in to a user account.
Create a gallery.
Go to upload files.
Select 10 files to upload.
Files are uploaded successfully.
Continue to enter the file modification/placement page.
Add text and select album to place file into, then press continue.

Everything goes smoothly up to this point.

After pressing continue, the next image comes up in the modification/placement page, with the following text displayed:

"filename

Please place the files in albums at this time. You may also enter relevant information about each file now.

The previous file could not be placed."

That is my problem. As I stated earlier, single upload mode works perfectly. All of my permissions are correct, and the files are visible in the /albums/edit/ folder. Just like keltec, if I turn on Debugging for all or even just administrator, I don't get any debug output. This is puzzling.

Any thought to what is going on here, or to a possible long-term fix, please let us know. Until this is worked out, I guess I have to keep it in single file upload mode.

dccsonline

OK I think I got it hammered out.....

It IS a permissions error. To resolve this, I had to change the permissions to the following:

Aside from tho other permissions you set up when installing(read, write, ect.), you must also set I_USR's permissions to include "delete" for /albums/ and /includes/ directories.

That's it, just that simple. I did see VERY OBSCURE references to this in a FEW other posts, but none of them were clearly spelled out like this.

Nibbler

Thankyou for posting your solution, maybe this can help other people struggling with windows based servers.