No file was uploaded - SOLUTION / FAQ for Windows Coppermine Installations No file was uploaded - SOLUTION / FAQ for Windows Coppermine Installations

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

No file was uploaded - SOLUTION / FAQ for Windows Coppermine Installations

Started by keltec, October 28, 2004, 06:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keltec

Hi all,

I thought rather than asking a question this time I share some info for the FAQ perhaps.

I'm running PHP 5.0.1 on Windows 2003 Server running IIS6.0
The issue I had from Coppermine 1.3.2 running on this was someone had reported uploading a corrupt image, then all users shortly thereafter reporting that they were getting a message "No file was uploaded" and could no longer upload files.

I tried this myself and thought that maybe I had an extrenuous number added to the category for upload users.  Changed that but no luck.  Then I found a thread relating to corrupt uploads.  Still no luck.  Then I noticed a thread here where one person was exhibiting the same problem as me and was promptly redirected elsewhere to have their problem solved - DAMN!

Anyway after some consideration and thought taken into the problem I looked at the System Event Log on Windows 2003 server and noticed that a user had exceeded their quota.  I then checked the Quota management for that disk and noticed that the IUSR account had exceeded its quota...... ->

By Default, Windows 2003 Standard, Enterprise and Small Business Server install Disk Quota management for all users and define a general restriction of 50Mb as their limit, with a warning at 30Mb.  The Quota that exceeded was the IUSR_[Servername] account as it abstracts all read/write operations to the disk from PHP.

So to change this setting you can either disable quota's for the disk, disable quota's on a per user basis, or disable a specific users' quota restrictions.

For me, I disabled quota management altogether for the IUSR account and increased the quota's for other Active Directory authenticated users that pass through other parts of my site to a higher number.

Anyhoo, throught this might help someone in the future that experiences the same problem.

Warm regards,

Jase.