Batch Upload of files with invalid folder / directory names. Batch Upload of files with invalid folder / directory names.

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Batch Upload of files with invalid folder / directory names.

Started by Pasha, November 20, 2004, 11:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasha

I managed to upload a file with the invalid folder name (containing " ' "). I have been thinking on how I ended up with not noticing the invalid directory mame in my "/albums" folder (basically, looking for an excuse, but still...). Here is what I came up with:

When you do Batch Upload, the list in  /searchnew.php does not show those folders with names containing " ' " character . But when you actually click at the name of the folder containing the one with restricted characters in the mane, then the list in /searchnew.php?startdir=<your_upload_folder_containing_the_one_with_ivalid_name> still shows ALL the files/folder.  To avoid possible mistakes (I admit I did it), may be it is possible just not to display those either? So that it will be impossible to make an incorrect database request later (the one with extra " ' " etc in it)?

Thank you very much for your great product!
Pasha.

P.S. I've done a fair effort to search the forum for similar problem. Didn't find this one, especially the "not showing only at the root folder list" aspect of it.

Pasha

What I finally did to fight the problem after I loaded the album with pictures from the invalid folder -- I renamed the folder, so that it no longer had invalid characters.
Then I went straight to MySQL table cpg132_pictures and manually edited the "filepath" field, so it was pointing to the right place.

Not very graceful, but still a solution.

Good luck,
Pasha Anaschenko.