problem in search.inc.php problem in search.inc.php

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

problem in search.inc.php

Started by Andi, December 12, 2004, 02:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andi

Hi :)

search.inc.php,v 1.12 2004/12/08 19:19:03 nibbler999 Exp

By clicking in the keywordmanager on one of the keywords in keywordlist, the following error occurs:
QuoteFatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in D:\Localhost\dev-Coppermine\vkpmx\vkpmx\html\modules\Gallery\include\search.inc.php on line 47

I've change this code from:
$type = " {$_POST['type']} ";

$_POST['params']['pic_hdr_ip']  = $_POST['params']['pic_raw_ip'];

if ($search_string && isset($_POST['params'])) {
$sql = "SELECT * FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} WHERE ";
$split_search = explode(' ', $search_string);

to this:
$type = " {$_POST['type']} ";

if ($search_string && isset($_POST['params'])) {
$_POST['params']['pic_hdr_ip']  = $_POST['params']['pic_raw_ip'];
$sql = "SELECT * FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} WHERE ";
$split_search = explode(' ', $search_string);

and it's ok.... ;)
hope, I could help you... :)

Nibbler

The keywords system is not compatible with the new search yet.

Edit: should now work as of thumbnails.php v1.23

Joachim Müller

Joachim Müller

@Nibbler: is there any particular reason (possible security related) to change the search form method from get to post in your advanced search form for cpg1.4.x? I used to post links on my board to URLs that contained a search query (e.g. http://www.mydomain.tld/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=search&type=full&search=foo+bar) quite often - I find this very helpfull, as I use the keywords to describe who is on the pics. Could the form method be switched back to "get" if there are no security related issues?

Joachim

Nibbler

It should still work with get requests, I just find posts are neater, especially with the increased amount of options being used. The url you posted works on my test gallery, do you get an error with that ?

Joachim Müller

No, the url works fine for me as well - it's just that others won't know how to create such an URL, that's why I'm suggesting to use "GET" instead of post - it's part of search form success stories, e.g. google's.

Joachim