Thumb Nail Upload problem Thumb Nail Upload problem

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Thumb Nail Upload problem

Started by belgiebob, January 10, 2005, 06:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

belgiebob

Hello,

I am using CopperMine as a streaming media gallery.  When I create the thumbnail for my media and upload it along with the URI of my streaming media I get my Streaming media as an entery in the album displaying correctly with the thumbnail but I also get the thumbnail as an entry in the album.  Any ideas on how tho keep the thumbnail from showing up as an enty in the ablum and only showing as a thumbnail for my streaing media?

Thanks,
Josh

kegobeer

Don't upload using the web interface.  As the admin you shouldn't do that anyway.

If you FTP your media and thumbnail to /albums/directory_not_userpics, then batch add to your album, the thumbnail will be correct and you won't have the thumbnail show up as an entry in the album.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

belgiebob

Is there any way to do this in the web interface as i will have users who will need to upload a video URL and a coresponding thumbnail.  I may also need to upload thumbnails  at a  later date than when I upload the video URL.   All of my video is on adedicated  windows media server essentially I am using  Coppermine as a front end for adding searchable and logical orginazation and display of the videos themselves.  Have you seen anyone use a coppermine setup like this?

Thanks,
josh

kegobeer

To my knowledge, the web interface won't do that.  You can have your users email their thumbnails to you, and you can put them in their specific userpics directory via FTP.

You can put a custom thumbnail in at any time.  Until there's a custom thumbnail, Coppermine will use the standard filetype image.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Chopper

I already requested something like this. Hopefully a developer will come up with something soon. It would be really cool to upload a media file or animated gif and upload a separate thumbnail through the web interface, instead of having the admin do it.

I'm crossing my fingers it will be soon!  :)

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=14673.0