.avi movies upload problem .avi movies upload problem

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

.avi movies upload problem

Started by Hein Traag, January 20, 2005, 09:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hein Traag

Morning all,

I have the same problem as mentioned before in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=8523.0
Running coppermine 1.3.2. at my host so that should not be the problem. I have uploaded movies before in .avi
but they did not give me the PB icon at batch uploading. As far as i know size should not be the problem with my host
and the filenames do not contain any weird symbols.

The movies are 5 in total and only one is a few mb's big, size should not be the problem. They were made with a Canon powershot A75.
Could that be the problem ? Could it be that a powershot A75 saves the movies in .avi but with a wrong codec or something like that ?

If so does anyone have any good converting programs for converting the .avi into .mpg or something similair.

kegobeer

QuoteCould it be that a powershot A75 saves the movies in .avi but with a wrong codec or something like that ?

I think so.  The movies I make with my Canon A40 can't be imported into any good video editing package.  I use VirtualDub to fix the AVIs.  Then you can use tmpgenc to convert your AVIs to MPEGs.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Hein Traag