PROB : my FTP client uploads only 15Kb of each file PROB : my FTP client uploads only 15Kb of each file

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

PROB : my FTP client uploads only 15Kb of each file

Started by indigo, February 22, 2005, 08:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigo

hi,
i have just setup coppermine gallery succesfully.

now i'm trying to batch upload (via ftp) a number of pics to my useralbums...
i have this weird problem regarding ftp upload ( not sure if this is coppermnine related ) but i'll ask for your help.

let's say i have 3 .jpg files ( Pic1.jpg - 150Kb , Pic2.jpg - 140Kb , Pic3.jpg - 100Kb ) and i want them to be uploaded to my usergalleries.
when i use an ftp client to upload these pics everything seems to work great but when i view the actually uploaded files to the server there are only 15Kb of each pic ! ... i mean that on the server there are Pic1.jpg - 15Kb - Pic2.jpg 15Kb - Pic3.jpg 15Kb  ??? ... the files are half uploaded and surely cannot be viewed ...

i tried a million of ftp clients ( bulletproof, aceftp, flashfxp , fireftp extension etc ) but i'm facing the same issues ... i concluded that this should be a problem of system , some limitation by a running software ( firewall or something ) ...

i'm running WinXP Pro SP1, ZoneAlarm and Avast Avirus ... i checked the setting to each of them but found no setting regarding FTP upload or smthng ...

pls have in mind that from a different PC ( at work ) i'm not having the problem ... everything works great ( files are uploaded completely )...

thnx.

Joachim Müller

indigo

Joachim Müller

I'll move this thread then from "General discussion (no support!)" to the board that corresponds to your version (you should have posted there in the first place, since the words "no support" in the board title should be pretty obvious).

Joachim

indigo

Quote from: GauGau on February 22, 2005, 09:46:59 AM
I'll move this thread then from "General discussion (no support!)" to the board that corresponds to your version (you should have posted there in the first place, since the words "no support" in the board title should be pretty obvious).

Joachim

sorry for the wrong thread ...  :-\\
i thought that this is a general problem ( not coppermine based ) ... an FTP upload in general problem in a way ... and that's why i posted here... thnx.

Joachim Müller

this might be related to the ISP you upload with - they may have set up a short timeout for the connection - try creating some http traffic while you ftp-upload (i.e. surfing the web using your browser) and see if this cures things for you.

Joachim

indigo

Quote from: GauGau on February 22, 2005, 12:38:35 PM
this might be related to the ISP you upload with - they may have set up a short timeout for the connection - try creating some http traffic while you ftp-upload (i.e. surfing the web using your browser) and see if this cures things for you.

Joachim

[studip user]
sorry to ask ... but how could this help me ? ...
if there is a short time out period for ftp from my isp what would i gain if i browse web ? ..
[/stupid user]
:-\\

all my ftp clients didn't report a conncection time out or smthng like this ...

Joachim Müller

well, I'm just blind-guessing - since you report this to work on another machine, but you say you have checked all third party apps on your machine I was trying to be helpfull and see if I could come up with another solution. Try if it helps, if it doesn't: nevermind. After all you're requesting help for something totally unrelated to coppermine: we can not solve issues with your ftp app or your pc client setup here, at least that's not what this board is dedicated to. Would you have felt better if I had recommended a fresh OS install on your box? This will almost certainly help ;)

Joachim

indigo

Quote from: GauGau on February 23, 2005, 07:22:21 AM
well, I'm just blind-guessing - since you report this to work on another machine, but you say you have checked all third party apps on your machine I was trying to be helpfull and see if I could come up with another solution. Try if it helps, if it doesn't: nevermind. After all you're requesting help for something totally unrelated to coppermine: we can not solve issues with your ftp app or your pc client setup here, at least that's not what this board is dedicated to. Would you have felt better if I had recommended a fresh OS install on your box? This will almost certainly help ;)

Joachim

well... i'm sorry gaugau
i didn't meant anything with the question ( and that's why the [stupid user] tags  ::) )... and of course you're right that this is not a coppermine related question.

i tried what you suggest but no results ..  :-\\

thnx again

Grumpy Vet

I am having this exact same problem.  I have recently started using the Coppermine Gallery.  I have been uploading files like crazy and everything has been going great.  Then all of a sudden - I had the same problem.  I uploaded files and my FTP would hang up.  I thought it was my software.....so I got a different FTP program......same problem.  Tried another FTP program - still didn't work.

I checked Firewall settings - added and deleted.......nope = all fine.

I don't get what is going on.......I can FTP one file at a time.  Some files don't FTP at all - but it just hangs at 15K

Strange.  I'll keep searching for an answer......I love the Coppermine software......but uploading 1 pic at a time thru FTP aint gonna cut it.

Joachim Müller

Coppermine can't and won't affect your abilty to ftp-upload. If you have troubles ftp-uploading files, you should contact your webhost. We have no idea what might be causing this, and there's little we can do to help. This issue is not related to coppermine at all.

Joachim