Replace userpics via FTP-Upload Replace userpics via FTP-Upload

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Replace userpics via FTP-Upload

Started by Traeumer76, February 23, 2005, 09:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traeumer76

Hi everybody

I´ve got a problem uploading pictures.

Coppermine 1.3.2 is installed, several albums and categories used and many pictures uploaded. Now i want to replace some userpics i changed offline. But when i try to upload them with my ftp-client, i always get this message: ERROR:>      Requested action not taken (e.g., file or directory not found, no access).

I´m not sure if this is a problem with my ftp-client (Cute-FTP) or if it´s the setting of this userpics-directory (...\albums\userpics\10003\. Uploading to other directories on my webspace works as usual. Attributes auf directory 10003 are 755 (and can´t be changed too).

I searched for this problem but couldn´t find anything... maybe i looked for the wrong keywords. If this is a known problem and already discussed elsewhere, please tell me.

Thanks,
Traeumer76.

Joachim Müller

once pics exist in coppermine's database, you mustn't touch them using your ftp app.

Joachim

kegobeer

It sounds like an ownership issue.  If you can CHOWN the images, you'll be able to replace them with your modified ones.  You can try using your control panel file manager, if you have one.  Otherwise, you'll have to ask your host to do it for you.

But... I agree with Joachim, you really shouldn't be mucking around with images already uploaded.  It's best to delete them via Coppermine and upload the new ones.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Traeumer76

Sorry I didn´t reply, but i only work on this gallery if there´s enough time... even if my sister (=gallery-owner) doesn´t like it this way.  ;)

The problem was (and is), that my sister isn´t very good in using computers. For that she take´s the photo´s and i take care of the gallery. So she stood in Rio for half a year and took hundret´s of photos, send me an email "I need a gallery!" an i did something. But she wasn´t able to resize the originals (no digital camera but photos on CD in solutions up to 3000 x ??? pixels) before uploading. So i allowed that size and now i get a problem with my webspace. That´s why i´d like to resize the originals in one step and not by deleting an reuploading.

The last possibility would be to delete the originals but that i don´t like to do. Isn´t there any possibility to batch-resize the original images?

kegobeer

Admin Tools will delete the original images and replace them with the intermediate images I believe.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots