Error message when uplaoding new pics Error message when uplaoding new pics

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Error message when uplaoding new pics

Started by amy0603, May 03, 2005, 08:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amy0603

Okay i know there are several posts with this error and I did read them, most of them saying I need an "edit folder at 777" but my problem is I have no clue what that means or how I would do it.
When I click on upload this is at the top of the page:
Warning: opendir(./albums/edit): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/content/a/m/y/amy0603/html/coppermine/upload.php on line 406

Then when I go to upload a pic this error comes up: at the top
Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_97cf14b7.JPG): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/a/m/y/amy0603/html/coppermine/upload.php on line 1193

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpffo5fS' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_97cf14b7.JPG' in /home/content/a/m/y/amy0603/html/coppermine/upload.php on line 1193

and this at the bottom:
File Name/URL Error Message
1. 8105_1114538547_[2].JPG Impossible to move.

It was working fine yesterday and I havn't been on since.  Under config. it says this I dont know if this is what everyone was talking about or not though??
Path to ImageMagick 'convert' utility (example /usr/bin/X11/)    
Command line options for ImageMagick    
Read EXIF data in JPEG files  Yes    No  
Read IPTC data in JPEG files  Yes    No  
The album directory *    
The directory for user files *    
The prefix for intermediate pictures *    
The prefix for thumbnails *    
Default mode for directories   777
Default mode for files    0666

kegobeer

You need to verify, using a FTP client or your website's control panel app, that /albums/edit exists, and that the permission is set to 777.  If it doesn't exist, you need to create it.  If it does exist and the permission isn't 777, change it to 777.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

amy0603

Okay I have added an edit folder, but now where do I find the permissions?

amy0603

Hi, you guys are all the BEST  :D  It's perfect now!  Another happy client!! kiss kiss