Upload mp4 movie files fails Upload mp4 movie files fails

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Upload mp4 movie files fails

Started by mainpower, May 16, 2005, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mainpower

Hello,

I did search for mp4 files in the forum and found two items on it, still it's not clear to me why I can't upload mp4 format files from my digital camera to cpg 1.3.3.

I get the following message;
1. P5150406.MP4 File not uploaded by POST.

However I did add the following line to the cpg_filetypes table;
mp4 video/quicktime movie

And yes, file types are set to ALL

What am I doing wrong ???

Joachim Müller

you (as coppermine gallery admin) should use FTP-uploads and then batch-add to prevent issues like time-outs during http uploads.

mainpower

Well, I am directly connected to my server with 100 MB network, so should work fine. And can't be an issue in my opinion...

PS .. this forum is really very slow, get a lot of time outs  :-\\

Cheers

Joachim Müller

there might be server-sided restrictions  in place (that you usually can't change when webhosted) that will keep you from uploading larger files by http. I still recommend FTP uploads.

mainpower

So far I know there are no restrictions. I also do not see any error message.
However I tried with URL and this gives me the following error message;

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 9444171 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /home/matthys/public_html/upload.php on line 1817

It's also not clear how to do the FTP upload thing.
If I click on 'Batch add files' I do see the header 'Select directory'.
But I am not able to select any directory, no even on config for FTP.

Cheers.

Joachim Müller

you have to ftp-upload your files using an ftp-app before being able to use batch-add. This is in the documentation, please read it first. The error message you get clearly shows that you're running into a limitation, do as I suggested and use FTP-uploads for larger files in the future.