batchadd thumbnail problem batchadd thumbnail problem

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

batchadd thumbnail problem

Started by luma, May 26, 2005, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luma

Hello,

I had ask this in a multi question post and was told to do a seperate post :) so here it is.

the way I have the server set up is a few users (admins) have ftp accounts to $root$/cpg132/albums/batchadd/therename/
they only have access to there name and not albums on the ftp..
they go there and create af older and upload there pics
after that they log into the site and click batch add. from there they click there new folder
it now lists each file in that folder and
here is the problem, the thumbail on the side is broken for each pic.
if you upload these pics it works just fine, it will add them and what not and if you go back to batch add the thumbnail now works.

first answer:
"The issue with the thumbnails not appearing is not directly related to your first question (and should have been posted in a separate thread). Do a right-click, properties on the broken thumbnail, copy'n paste the thumbnail's URL into a separate browser window and post error messages (if any)."

to answer that I Get this url
http://192.168.1.3/cpg132/showthumb.php?picfile=batchadd%2FLuma%2Ftest%2FP6210488.jpg&size=48
and I get the broken pic (x)
http://192.168.1.3/cpg132/albums/batchadd/Luma/leg9-KTPA-KMIA/thumb_Screenshots-69.jpg
this one was uploaded earlier and I went back to batchadd.

setup is Apache 2.0.52 + Coppermine 1.3.2 + php 5.0.3 and Imagemagik 6.2.0

Thank you very much

Luma

Joachim Müller

improper server setup, there shouldn't be a private IP address in the url.

luma

normally there is a hostname instead of an ip (my domain name) but because the server is local and that my dns server is not set up for this at the moment I use the ip of the server instead of the domain name.

so ignore the 192. address and pretend its a domain name :)

Luc

Joachim Müller

well, of course I can ignore your private network IP address, but this means I have to ignore your question as well, as I can't take a look for myself. Just by looking at the URL there's little I could do.

luma

well you won't see much from the real url either as it gives you a Red X but here it is :)

http://luma.myftp.org/cpg132/showthumb.php?picfile=batchadd%2FLuma%2Ftest%2FP6210488.jpg&size=48

that is exactly how it shows up when I click on batch add files then select the folder (test) it then displays the broken thumbnail, I right click on it, properties and that gives the above url.

thank you for your time

Luma

Joachim Müller

luma

so what part of the server is not properly setup, give me a clue here as to which part. is it the config section of th gallery itself? if so I have looked and can't see anytihng in there that would cause this. etc

thanks

Luc

kegobeer

I'd guess ImageMagick isn't configured properly.  Switch to GD2 - do you still have that problem?  If not, you'll know ImageMagick is causing the problem.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

luma

Yup GD works fine, interesting. I thought for some reason it was the same with GD2.  ok well we know what the prob is.

I upgraded imagemagick to a newer version and I get same problem, its funny as it works just fine to convert the files and actualy store them onto the gallery.  on my unix machine I gave it a shot and it worked just fine, took a few hours to setup Imagemagick because I had to install jpeg, tiff, png etc but it works great but the gallery I need is on the windows maching using the windows binary of imagemagick.

oh well I will use GD2 that is all :) I don't actualy see any diference

kegobeer

ImageMagick setup on Windows can be tricky.  Permissions need to be set correctly, sometimes you need to give PHP access to cmd.exe, etc.  You may find a few posts on our boards about it, but you may have to ask questions on the ImageMagick site.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots