Upload through FTP - how to delete after? Upload through FTP - how to delete after?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Upload through FTP - how to delete after?

Started by cloudyvisions, June 20, 2005, 06:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudyvisions

I'm using WS_FTP Pro and following the instructions given in the manual to upload images through FTP and batch adding. I'm uploading through FTP, putting the images in the 'albums' folder (NOT the albums/userpics directory) and then in named folders inside of that, and then clicking 'batch add files' and moving the images into the correct album.

What I don't get is how to delete the images after I've moved them into the correct folder. The manual said NOT to delete them through FTP, but through the 'admin tools' section. How do I go about doing that? I tried twice selecting "delete file titles" and then choosing the album that I placed the images into and then clicking 'submit,' and it said "Deleting titles, please wait..." and nothing happened after that.

This is my first real time getting into Coppermine, so I suspect I'm doing something wrong. Is there anyone that can help me get in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

kegobeer

Images are not moved around - the database just holds a pointer telling Coppermine where the images are physically located.  If you delete the image, it's gone from the server and from your gallery.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

cloudyvisions

So, then I'm guessing that the images are always going to be there in the "batch add files" section, meaning that I've got to scroll through hundreds of images to move the new ones to the correct folder? Is there anyway to remove them from the 'batch add files' after they've been moved to the correct folder?

bigarte

I just create a new album/category and then FTP the files into my batchpics directory.  I then go into Batch add files and after telling CPG which album to place them into, I find that CPG has already selected all the new files for me and is just waiting for me to press insert selected files to add them correctly.

Might be a bit slow this way but at least I know which files are going into which folders.