ImageMagick help needed please! ImageMagick help needed please!

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

ImageMagick help needed please!

Started by faye_smith, July 28, 2005, 10:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faye_smith

Hi, I don't have GD or ImageMagick, so my coppermine Gallery doesn't make thumbnails. It's just a see-through box with a red X.

I'd like to use ImageMagick (on the config page in the gallery in admin mode, you can choose Image Magick or GD:

Method for resizing images  >> Image Magick   GD version 1.x   GD version 2.x  

Path to ImageMagick 'convert' utility (example /usr/bin/X11/)

but I don't know how to do it.  

I installed this Image Magick pack to my computer:

ImageMagick-i686-pc-windows.exe

???

I was wondering if anyone could help me please. Thankyou

kegobeer

Use GD2 - open up php.ini and uncomment extension=php_gd2.dll, then restart your webserver.  Next, go to Coppermine and choose GD2.x.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

faye_smith

i'm not a big computer whizz lol, could you explain that in a little more detail please? thankyou

kegobeer

Did you install your webserver software?  Based on your first post, I assumed you are running a webserver on your home computer.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

faye_smith

erm...  i'm not quite sure what you mean...  ::)

I have my own webspace and domain name, & I use WS_FTP95 to upload my files  ???

kegobeer

You have to ask your webhost to either a) install ImageMagick and tell you the location of the convert binary, or b) install GD2.  You can't do either of those.

faye_smith

my friend is my host.. i've been on the phone to him for a while and he's been trying to sort it out, but he hasn't been able to do it yet  :\'(

do you know how he could install GD?

kegobeer

If he doesn't know how to configure PHP for use with GD, or how to install ImageMagick, I would consider moving to another host with more experience.  If he needs instruction, tell him to go to www.php.net and read up on PHP installation.

faye_smith

I dont want to change hosts... could anyone PLEASE tell me how to get/install the GD2!? So I can tell him how you do it, please...

faye_smith

please :\'(

or i'm going to have to change to Gallery!  ( http://gallery.sourceforge.net )

But I don't want to because I like Coppermine better, so PLEASE help me.

kegobeer

This is not a hotline or a support group for server configurations - we don't have the expertise or the time to provide explanations on how to set up a webserver.  If your host doesn't know how to set up a webserver, he needs to do some research.  In all honesty you should look for a better host - if he doesn't know about GD or ImageMagick, how much does he know about security or properly adminstering a webserver?

If he's running a Windows-based webserver, point him to this thread and he can follow my instructions for uncommenting the GD line.  If he's running a *nix-based webserver, he'll have to recompile php with GD support.  If he can't do either and you don't want to find a better host, feel free to experiment with Gallery - but it needs ImageMagick, GD, or netPBM to run.

And now... I'm out of this thread.  Good luck.