Some Jpg files won't work? Some Jpg files won't work?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Some Jpg files won't work?

Started by crazayrayray, September 02, 2005, 09:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazayrayray

Hello!

I'm not sure that I have version 1.3 of Coppermine, and don't know how to check, but I'm posting this here anyway.

Some of my Coppermine users are reporting some difficulty with uploading their Jpg files. They e-mailed the pictures to me, and they seemed fine at first. I could open them on my computer, upload them via an FTP program, and view them online after uploading them via the FTP program. However, Coppermine doesn't want to upload them. Here's what I mean...

It won't display the image thumbnail when it comes time to give the image details, and gives me a warning, like:

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(): './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_48581321.jpg' is not a valid JPEG file in /home/june30/public_html/dragonsbane/album/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 209

Then after clicking on Continue, it says that the previous file could not be placed.

As a test, I opened the files in Photoshop and resaved them under a different file name, also Jpg. This time, Coppermine accepted them. :o

I don't understand what the problem might be, and wonder if anybody here can lend me a hand in fixing this?

For an example, try uploading the following file to see what happens:

(https://coppermine-gallery.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.june30.us%2Fray%2Fimages%2Fpan1.jpg&hash=f5df888327272b609649e40a03e46a32d531b126)

(As you can see, I managed to upload it with Cute FTP just fine, and you can view it here with no problems.)

Joachim Müller

search for the error message you get, this has been aksed and answered a thousand times. Ugrade to the most rcent stable version cpg1.3.4.

crazayrayray

Ok, I just upgraded my version as suggested, and now I've come across a new situation.

I previously had my Coppermine integrated with PHPBB. Upon upgrading my version of Coppermine, it appears that the integration no longer exists. My old users can no longer sign into their old accounts on Coppermine; they can only sign in to PHPBB.

I was going to simply go through the integration process again, but then I noticed this little bit of information in the instructions:

QuoteWarning: If you already have users and custom groups in your coppermine database when you enable bbs integration, be aware that they will be lost. If your coppermine users have already created private albums and uploaded pics to them, they will be lost as well!

So... if I were to re-integrate, does that mean that everything would be lost? Or would everything be intact, because all of the users and images are from when Coppermine and PHPBB were previously integrated? I don't want to lose everything, so if there is any way around this, please help me out. Thank you!

Nibbler

Redo the bridge. Please respect the one question per thread rule.

crazayrayray

Ok, thank you, and I'm sorry for asking that second unrelated question.

On that note, back to my first question. I have now updated my version to 1.3.4, and am still experiencing the problem.

(I also did a search this time, for:

"is not a valid jpeg file in" 209

but did not find any solutions.)

Is there any additional information that I could provide to help you help me? ???

Nibbler

The file appears to be corrupted.

Corrupt JPEG data: 4679 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd9 `pan1.jpg'

crazayrayray

Hmm. All right! Guess there's nothing more I can do about it except let my users know. Thank you for all of your help! ;D