Restored from back-up - not writable by the script Restored from back-up - not writable by the script

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Restored from back-up - not writable by the script

Started by Benn, October 07, 2005, 05:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benn

Good day all, first let me assure you I did use the search feature and read thread after thread with no succes. I backed up my site & files as I wanted to give CPG-Nuke (on a separate DB, unrelated) a try, I didn't like it and restored all the files using this back-up.

I will try to summarize my problem and what I tried to correct the issue:

- Used CPG133 working fine, no problems or issues
- Restored my site from a back-up using CPanel, no changes or alterations to the DB
- Everything works fine except uploading pics, getting the error below in debug mode.
Destination directory albums/userpics/10003/ is not writable by the script !

File: /home/speedbag/public_html/cpg133/upload.php - Line: 2207

- Read through the threads and verified the CHMOD permissions, but found nothing about the line 2207 portion.
- Tried both the "albums" & "includes" folder as 755 & 777 with no luck.
- Double checked the destination in the config panel, no problem there.

It obviously seems, to me at least, that it is a permission issue of some sort but cannot determine where or what it is.

Thanks in advance!

kegobeer

You might have to use your cpanel to change the permissions, and then make sure they propagate to all subdirectories and files within.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Benn

Thanks for the reply, yes that is what I did, meaning I changed the permissions through CPanel.

I am not completly certain I understand what you mean by propagating, but think you mean that all the folderes contained within those folders need to share the same permissions.I will however go back and ensure that the permissions were passed to folders within as well.

Thanks again.

Benn

Well that did it  ;D

Seems the permissions were not being passed down the folders included within.

Thanks again for the help, much apprecitated!