problems with uploading files (movies) which are larger than about 5 MB problems with uploading files (movies) which are larger than about 5 MB

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

problems with uploading files (movies) which are larger than about 5 MB

Started by NitroRules, January 02, 2006, 06:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NitroRules

Hey everyone...

hope that someone can help me with my problem. I have the gallery (1.3.5) for to months now. Everything fine.

But as in the topic written now I have some problems.  :'(

I can upload videos (wmv) till a size of about 4.5 MB. No problem here. Max file size in gallery is 8000 KB. When I upload a file with for example 6 MB, it seems that it works... but than it says: 0 uploads succsessful.

My temp folder on webspace is called "phptmp". Where can I see which folder I have choosen for temp-files? Can the temp-folder be the problem? (only files allowed that are smaller than 5 MB  ???)

Thanks a lot

Florian
Florian

kegobeer

You are running into a limitation set by your webhost.  The only way around it is to FTP the files and then batch add them.  Since they are movies, there is no image resize to worry about.  You can contact your host for help.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

NitroRules

Florian

kegobeer

Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

NitroRules

Florian

kegobeer

NitroRules

Florian

NitroRules

now I tried something different... uploading by URL: this works perfect with files of 6MB. Any ideas? Or has this thing nothing to do with the other one?  ???
Florian