having problems adding/uploading certain pictures having problems adding/uploading certain pictures

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

having problems adding/uploading certain pictures

Started by N77, January 03, 2006, 10:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N77

Hi,

I am sorry if this is in the wrong section but I am not sure at all where to post or what I am looking for to be honest. I have never used php before so some of this is over my head unfortunately. A Friend help me install the neccessaries and get it uploaded and working and its been fine so far. I have uploaded images and changed the template slightly to incorporate my banner etc...

I tried batch uploading the other day and it worked but have only just noticed that its not adding 3 pictures of the load I uploaded for some reason. All the others went on fine but I havent got a clue whats wrong with the images. I have resized them so they are the same size, the image quality is also the same as the other photos so I am bit lost of what I can do. Also on uploading manually I get to the point where it says its successfully uploaded then I go to continue and it comes up with the page cannot be displayed message. Also on the bath process of the same files were the OK image appears I get a file with a red X to say its not uploaded but it doesn't show me an error.

Please if anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance

Carl

Joachim Müller

attach one of the files to your posting here - I suspect that it is corrupt.

N77

This is one of them

Carl

Joachim Müller

I was able to upload your pic just fine. Do as suggested in the upload troubleshooting tutorial to fix this for your site.

N77

I have done what it says in the link you posted and it uploads the picture but when you click continue to go to choose what gallery to put it into I get this message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5200 bytes) in /home/fhlinux210/t/totheredline.co.uk/user/htdocs/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 259

Carl

Joachim Müller

N77

Quote from: GauGau on January 04, 2006, 11:38:49 PM
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=5843.0

Mmmm I read about that while I was looking for a solution before and the image is not all that big, and I have also uploaded bigger sized images without any problems which I find a bit weired.

I know I can't change the memory limit as I have asked my service provider and they won't do it

Bugger

Carl

Joachim Müller

resize the pic on your client before uploading then, or use ImageMagick if you have it.