Cant get to the batch add screen... Cant get to the batch add screen...

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Cant get to the batch add screen...

Started by theklub, April 05, 2006, 06:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theklub

i've uploaded over 50k pics on coppermine and now all of a sudden I can't get to the batch add page all tha comes up is a searchnew.php download option... im stumped i've looked for an answer and cant find one plz help

Joachim Müller

There are several possible reasons:
- server broken (changes by webhost?)
- file corrupt

Try uploading a fresh copy of searchnew.php. Ask your webhsot for support if this doesn't cure your issue. When asking for help on this board, it's in nearly all cases mandatory to post a link.

theklub

Quote from: GauGau on April 05, 2006, 06:19:19 PM
There are several possible reasons:
- server broken (changes by webhost?)
- file corrupt

Try uploading a fresh copy of searchnew.php. Ask your webhsot for support if this doesn't cure your issue. When asking for help on this board, it's in nearly all cases mandatory to post a link.

post a link to?

and thank you

Joachim Müller

Tranz

Preferably a link to the gallery. :) Some people post links to the main site and expect us to hunt around for the gallery.

theklub

the content of the site probably isn't appropriate to post here but im still getting the problem and my host seems to kno nothing about it any other suggestions would be nice

theklub

where can i find these to edit them for batch-add

1. max_execution_time - Default of 30 seconds.
2. memory_limit - This setting has a default of 8MB.

Joachim Müller

Quote from: theklub on April 07, 2006, 09:10:27 AM
the content of the site probably isn't appropriate to post here but im still getting the problem and my host seems to kno nothing about it any other suggestions would be nice
Post a link anyway - just add a warning next to it that says "link is not worksafe" or similar.

Quote from: theklub on April 07, 2006, 09:35:35 AM
where can i find these to edit them for batch-add

1. max_execution_time - Default of 30 seconds.
2. memory_limit - This setting has a default of 8MB.
Those aren't coppermine settings, but settings to be made in php.ini. Usually (when webhosted), you can't change those settings. Refer to Trouble-shooting the upload process. for details.

Also read http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble and do as suggested. If you don't, there's little we could do to help you.

theklub

NOT WORK SAFE

www.onlinefilehost.com   

Ok now that i posted that my question is that i CAN actully make my own ini files on my web host so how would i go about doing this... thanks for the help

Joachim Müller

probably you can't, but anyway: we don't know - ask your webhost. Do as I suggested and read
Quote from: GauGau on April 07, 2006, 10:24:05 AM
Also read http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble and do as suggested. If you don't, there's little we could do to help you.
, especially the stuff highlighted in red

theklub

Thank you for contacting customer support. If you are running Hosting Configuration 2.0, you can create custom .ini files for both PHP 4 (PHP.ini) and PHP 5 (PHP5.ini) in the root directory of your site. Initialization files can be used to manage form, server, and environmental variables, server-side cookies, temporary directories, error display, and error logging. Review of your hosting account reveals you are running hosting configuration 2.0.

I got that response from the tech support so I need to kno what to do next

Joachim Müller

create a file inside your webroot as suggested, name it php.ini and save it. It should contain your changed settings. Refer to http://www.php.net/manual/en/configuration.php#ini.register-globals ff.
This is not a coppermine issue, but a matter of server setup. There are better resources available to find out more about it. Refer to the sticky thread on this board as well.