How to allow permissions to a custom album? How to allow permissions to a custom album?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

How to allow permissions to a custom album?

Started by Theking, August 30, 2006, 03:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theking

I added 2 albums of my own "with no category" and I want to give "registered users" permissions to upload to them. How do I do that?

Also, how do I reset the admin password via phpMyAdmin?

Thanks~

Theking

Also, I was wondering if anyone had a MYSQL Code (Using a query) to grab the latest file added's name, # of views, and its image link or video embed code.

Joachim Müller

We have a "one question per thread" you agreed to respect when signing up!

Quote from: Theking on August 30, 2006, 03:09:20 AM
I added 2 albums of my own "with no category" and I want to give "registered users" permissions to upload to them.
RTFM: allow registered users to upload to public albums in coppermine's groups manager, then go to album properties and set "visitors can upload" to yes.

Quote from: Theking on August 30, 2006, 03:09:20 AM
Also, how do I reset the admin password via phpMyAdmin?
Using the md5 function of phpMyAdmin. However, it's recommended to use the GUI. If you have forgotten your password, use the "forgot password" link on the login screen. Has been asked before, search before posting.

Quote from: Theking on August 30, 2006, 03:10:43 AM
Also, I was wondering if anyone had a MYSQL Code (Using a query) to grab the latest file added's name, # of views, and its image link or video embed code.
There's a whole sub-board dedicated to content syndication, i.e. getting content from coppermine's database for use on non-coppermine pages.

Theking

1). It is set to allow public uploads... still not working when im in user mode..

ERROR:
Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files

2). i solved that

3). will look on it.

Joachim Müller

Quote from: Theking on August 30, 2006, 02:51:55 PM
1). It is set to allow public uploads... still not working when im in user mode..
You're not suppossed to go to user mode if you want to figure out what your users can do. In fact, the user mode toggle just hides the admin controls, that's all. Instead, create a non-admin test user account and log in with that account to be able to see what your users actually can do.
Please refer to the documentation:
QuoteWhen you are logged in as an administrator, the script provides two modes of operation : Admin mode & User mode. You can switch between Admin & User mode by clicking on the corresponding link in the menu bar at the top of the screen.

When you are in admin mode, you can administer your gallery using the menu bar that appears when in admin mode, as shown below :

(https://coppermine-gallery.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcoppermine-gallery.net%2Fdemo%2Fcpg14x%2Fdocs%2Fpics%2Fadmin_menu.gif&hash=e7d81544a1551624fe1ddca347ac4c7fb888c2c1)

When you are in user mode you are still logged in as an admin user, but the admin controls (the admin menu bar etc.) are hidden from the screen to give you a basic preview of what the page would look like for "regular users". However (as you still are logged in as admin), certain permissions and options in user mode will still look the same as if you were in admin mode; you can not use "User Mode" to see what a non-admin user is actually allowed to see. To see what a casual visitor can see and do on your site, simply log out. To see what a registered user can see and do on your site, create a test user account (non-admin) and log in with this particular user (when doing this it is recommended that you use two different browsers, NOT two instances of the same browswer, to view your site so you can stay logged in as admin on one and view what regular users see while making changes in admin mode. You will have to refresh the non-admin mode screen to see what changes you incorporated).
It's mandatory to read the docs before asking questions.

Theking

-1 for you, still not working on a test account.

"Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files"

Joachim Müller

Quote from: Theking on August 31, 2006, 08:04:52 AM
-1 for you, still not working on a test account.
OK, then I'll stop supporting you if you don't want my advice. It would have been more helpful if you posted a link and non-admin test user account instead of just reporting that things don't work for you. A meta discussion about karma won't win you friends neither. Bye.

Theking