Change the default /albums path to different drive and path Change the default /albums path to different drive and path

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Change the default /albums path to different drive and path

Started by Yabba, September 14, 2006, 04:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yabba

Hi all, i have tried to changed the default path for albums to a different drive and folder without success.
My images and folders are stored at a separate drive than C:\ just to ensure that my ghost image of the C:\ not will be like 40GB and for data backup reason.

I would like to change the albums field path to:  E:\digitalmedia\albums

I have read about the issue that you are not able to set the absolute path directly and that you are forced to use ../ to step back in the folder system.
How can i manage to change the drive and can you guys please post this string here for me please?

EDIT: Running W2k Server with IIS and Coppermine 149, mysql5, php5.1.6

Many thanks
Yabba
We all cannot be pro on coding. (If so all professional programmers schould be unemployed)

Fortunately the rest of us are pro's on other stuff at least this applies to me

Yabba

We all cannot be pro on coding. (If so all professional programmers schould be unemployed)

Yabba

Hi

I am unable to use batch files in Yes mode if you know what i mean (browse mode). The only mode for me is the simple one.
The strange thing about this is when im activate the advanced mode (browse mode) for batch files upload its outcrossed. (grewed out) Its not editable and it looks like this:
/c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\digitalmedia\albums/ Yes the path is correct but the slash in the beginning what´s that all about....

Is this a known bug, if so... how can i correct it.

One more question that suites the topic, if you guys help me to activate the advanced batch mode, and i will point out the path above "E:\digitalmedia\albums" will the images/thumbs/ etc.. be copied to the default /albums located on the C:\-drive? cause thats exactly not the thing i want.

I have also tried out the CPGMassImport plugin but it complains when the absolute path is pointed out
One extra note FYI: The album works great and im able to upload in the simple mode and so on. so its only this tiny thing i would like to solve. All comes to the fact that im not found of having all my images on the C:\ drive.

Now i have used the tip above and created an Junction point. Still W2k reports the amount of data (this i can live with) but both Acronis true image, and Ghost is taking this virtuell data into the image and its being a huge image of the C:\.

The absolute best way to solve this issue would be a tip on how to really setup the default /albums setting in Coppermine to a different drive instead. Change some code for the storage or something

Hopefully someone knows where to edit this path and give me some answers asked above
many thanks
Yabba

Joachim Müller

Known issue: browsable batch-add interface doesn't work on Windows-driven servers. Use the classic interface instead. Has been asked (and answered) very often already.

Yabba

ok thank you, now i know  ;) But have this drive issue left. Any ide on how to re-route Coppermind to a different drive there all albums are saved instead of C:\ Must be coded somewhere and hopefully editable.The Junction point did not do any good sience the image SW will include them in the backup